Sign in to follow this  
WTF?Shane

WE MSK Review

If you guys are have a sticky fire selector problem ( hard to use selector lever with your thumb) , there are two springs located in the back of the trigger box that facilitate the function of the selector lever. Locate these two springs and anneal them to make them weaker, this will make your fire selector function smoothly. To anneal the two springs I simply compressed the springs with a pair of pliers lightly and applied heat from a lighter for about 3 seconds to each spring.

Edited by davidbeans
  • Like 1

So after discussing with a friend he reckons the MSK PMags are different dimensions to the STANAGS (don't think he's seen one in person though) and that they might not fit "right" in the M4 magwell. Anyone got experience using them in the M4? Also I take it they're based off the V2 system?

Cheers.

They fit and feed fine. The pmags are slightly thicker than the stanags, so in m4s they don't always drop free, but in the msk the stanags are so wobbly they can sometimes fail to feed reliably.

So after discussing with a friend he reckons the MSK PMags are different dimensions to the STANAGS (don't think he's seen one in person though) and that they might not fit "right" in the M4 magwell. Anyone got experience using them in the M4? Also I take it they're based off the V2 system?

Cheers.

Perhaps he was thinking of the 4168 model where those mags are an issue.

Maybe, pretty sure he would have taken the magwell difference into account (in fact I even built my hybrid 416 for that reason).

But would suck to buy six mags or so and them not to fit properly.

I have used WE M4 STANAG Gas Gen1 and CO2 mags in my WE M4 as well as WE PMAG style mags and RS PMAG shelled WE CO2 mags. All of them work. STANAG are a bit on the loose side but function well. WE PMAGs are tighter and function better. RS PMAG shelled CO2 mags are insanely tight :o

Can't remember if I tried WE STANAG M4 mags in my MSK when I had it or not.

All of the above drop free from my WE M4 though.

Of all the ones I have used WE PMAG Gen2 gas mags are my favorite in my M4. Look nice, easy to manage, good gas efficiency as well.

Edited by NonEx

MSK mags are perfect in M4's.

The problem with alu mags is that they deform over time and with hard use and becomes looser and looser in the mag well, plastic mags don't.

• Like 1

These are the ones I'm talking about, btw

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/ready-fighter-power-control-kit-for-vfc-mp5-gbb.html

They fit the MSK beautifully, but not all WE GBB rifles. The AK, for example, won't work with these. The TM MP7 does, though.

I have an MSK with the cycling issue, but these flute valves are out of stock everywhere.  What would you recommend in their place?

If you just need the flute valve that goes inside the plastic nozzle, its the same one in every WE GBBR. So just get one for an m4 or an NPAS.

Unless I missed something and it uses a different one?

Worst case scenario if you've got some calipers to take measurements with, I can machine you an aluminum one for a few bucks.

I may have an extra laying around that I can try.  I figured there was such a widespread problem with erratic cycling that the nozzle design was suspect.  Hence trying something completely different I thought would be the better idea.  And I would really love to get it working right.

Edited by machgo

Well try out the standard one and see how that works. If it doesn't solve the problem, then you might have any to make sure its actually the valve causing the problem and not something in the fcg.