WE MSK Review

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just wanted to let you guys know it is possible.   I still need to fabricate a recoil buffer like the one on the WE stock, but I did get it to fit.

P-Mags all the way, the alu shell gets bendt and warped over time and will flop around in the mag well, that will lead to mis feeds and broken nozzles, also problems with getting the bolt to lock back

I have a friend who had the odd cycle issue: weak blowback and BB shot, then strong blowback and no BB, repeat ad nauseam.

The fix turned out to be replacing the flute valve with a Ready fighter vfc MP5 valve. They come in a pack of three differing output sizes and have the added benefit of allowing you to adjust fps from 0.9-1.8j. Pretty cheap too.

• Like 1

These are the ones I'm talking about, btw

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/ready-fighter-power-control-kit-for-vfc-mp5-gbb.html

They fit the MSK beautifully, but not all WE GBB rifles. The AK, for example, won't work with these. The TM MP7 does, though.

• Like 1

I had a cycling issue that developed over time, the oil that was used internally combined with crud & the paintwork that stripped off the inside gunked up the hammer and made it stick to the bottom of the bolt carrier causing it to stick when returning, good clean & re-oil sorted it, also using a section of an old AEG spring as a semi-short stroke/forward assist buffer stops it happening even when gunked up...

The hammer does seem to put a lot of pressure up onto the bolt carrier, it seems like it could lose a large section of it and still lock down reliably... Might experiment a little when I know I've got a spare part on standby...

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

The MSK PMags are noted as not fitting the 416. Is it just a case of a little filing to get them to fit (like real PMags)?

Want a bunch of PMags or ideally EMags (don't see that happening though) for the 416 I'm looking to buy and the only other WE PMags I can find in any quantity appear to be at a Canadian store.

I didn't realise they were doing it with new 416s. I know that originally H&K were providing upper kits to refit M4s.

I had actually considered running a 416 like that anyway. Just don't know what I'd then do with the 416 lower, maybe keep it as a spare.

• 2 months later...

Been running mine for a year of decent use and only the nozzle has failed (that was on the last game I played) having a little bit of a glitch with full auto (it will sometimes just stop) but as I'm pretty solidly semi only it hasn't been enough of a hindrance to investigate...

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Just realised I don't think this has been mentioned so far...(if it has I apologise)

The MSK uses the new type hop rubber & barrel, externally the barrel and hop rubber are the same, but it looks like there has been about 2-3mm of hop window removed and added into the hop rubber in the form of some kind of restrictor band... Basic upshot is really short hop window and if you want an after market hop rubber you need to budget for a barrel too...

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

If you guys are have a sticky fire selector problem ( hard to use selector lever with your thumb) , there are two springs located in the back of the trigger box that facilitate the function of the selector lever. Locate these two springs and anneal them to make them weaker, this will make your fire selector function smoothly. To anneal the two springs I simply compressed the springs with a pair of pliers lightly and applied heat from a lighter for about 3 seconds to each spring.

Edited by davidbeans
  • Like 1