New Site in Hemel Hempstead - Springview Airsoft

I just saw this section and figured id show my new local site some love and do a review.

They open in a couple of weeks but me and some mates got a sneak peek around the place - it was still under construction (though from what they tell me theyre not gonna stop developing it and have loads of builds schedules over the enxt couple months!) but the place looked like it really has massive promise.

They ran a few trial games for us and ive got to say i was really suprised.

The site is HUGE, it just keeps going on and on, some of it was a bit too dense to use which was a problem but they said theyre trimming it back bit by bit as they need the space. for now though it makes for some seriously interesting terrain. Theres lots of classic woodland areas like youd expect but theyres also big open grassland for those of the sneaky pursuasion and lots of really tight areas they call 'rat runs' where tunnels and secondary routes have been cut into the thick patches of undergrowth - It offers some really interesting tactical gameplay that ive never really seen the like of at other woodland sites.

Ill do a full review when we've played a full gameday there but for now ill make a few points

Pos - awesome terrain, loads of space and interesting features.

Neg - Very dense in some areas

Pos - Easy to find, good location (right down the road from the pub! ;P)

Pos - Great use of the space, games are well thought out and area utilised well.

Pos - Lots of great stuff under construction/planned.

Neg - Still lots to do (but hey theyre new, cant hold that against them), the site still needs some developing but from what i hear they have lots happening in the near future so thats cool.

Im no airsoft veteran but this place seems eriously good to me and ill defintely be hitting theyre opening day with my gang!

Check out theyre facebook page, apparently theyre website doesnt go love for a week or two yet but you'll get an idea.

https://www.facebook.com/SpringviewCombat

I attended to Cold open test event on sunday so i can now do a proper review!

The day slowed slightly due to a few no shows that brought the numbers down but the  marshal team quickly recovered and got us out having a blast in no time!

The marshals were great, they were on the ball and were getting involved with the teams constantly, egging us on, amping us up and dropping us tips or hints. Even if they did get a bit over zealous once or twice lol.

The games were different and interesting.

The site was varied in style, there were close quarters and open stretches - really kept the gameplay fresh and interesting throughout the day

The safecamp was comfortable and more social than a lot of places ive been to so it was great getting more involved with the other players during the downtime.

Negatives? like i said low numbers dropped the energy of the day a bit but that was quickly brouight back up.

The site was a little awkward to find but the team there have a really well explained route, the site itself has no postcode but you can navigate from a pub thats about half a mile down the road with ease.

apart from that even the weather stayed good throughout the day!

Now the test is out of the way theyre going full bore for the Gran open - no limit on numbers this time and it should be well worth the trip!