What makes a chest rig?

mmmJoJo

• 3 weeks later...

Should be able to carry mags. For example my favorite is the rhodesian Fereday & Sons chestrig. Holds 4 FAL mags, nothing else. Best piece of gear I've ever had.

Sorry to slightly necro post but adding to this the SADF M83 chest rig is also very minimal and light. You can get 6 mags of whatever you want plus a few grenades and you could drag it to hell and back and it'll be in one peice. However sourcing them isn't that easy

I would recommend a TT MAV with X Harness. The basic MAV is a good modular platform with enough molle real estate for most, the X Harness makes it way more comfortable and adds a small amount of molle on the back for a hydro or small pouch/pack. It is also available in most popular colours/patterns.

I'm a huge fan of the ATS modular chest harness. It comes with four internal magazine pouches for AR magazines, and is capable of mounting the ATS hydro to the rear. It has enough room for plenty of magazines, a radio, water and an additional pouch for extra bits (batteries, tasty snacks, etc).

The Eagle Universal Chest Rig (UCR) is also a great piece of kit. Again, like the ATS, lightweight and comfortable while holding a lot of stuff. There are a lot of straight Eagle replicas as well as many knock-off UCRs like the SKD UCR/PIG.

The ten-speed chest rigs and the RACK minus type rigs are also great if you're looking for even more weight savings.

Then you've got your classic chest-rigs like the SADF M83, the original Ranger RACK, the TT MAV/mini-mav, HSGI Warlord types, Chi-com, etc. All awesome rigs.

• 3 weeks later...

I was just rethinking about this and I think one of the biggest issues with running a chest rig is having to have utility pouches fairly forward which really hinders going prone.

So I think for weekender type events a belt rig or small backpack can be very handy

Archived