"Held - Restricted Contents" (Parcelforce) - Help!

Krydel

26e22f98fafc7919d337090302729f08.png

Any advice on how to go about resolving this? I'm not sure what their policy is regarding what they do with held goods, but I'm worried they'll return it to sender or destroy it or refuse to give it me or something.

I ordered an EGLM (I attached my UKARA number to the order) along with a grenade, some GHK G5 spares and tac gear. I appreciate it *is* within their restricted items list, but I have no choice over the courier when importing items from WGCshop.

Has anybody encounter this before with a positive outcome? I'm planning on ringing to see what the situation is of course but any preparatory help would be great.

Well the fact it's not being held at customs and at your (local?) depot is off to a good start.  That'll remove 99% of potential problems,  I've never seen it mention restricted contents.  Normally just held waiting for customs charge to be paid.  Just phone them up on Monday and tell them you have some charges to be paid and I'm sure they'll let you know of any issue.

Go up to Blackpole on monday mate and speak to them face to face . They have no reason to hold it as it is not your fault they automatically recieve any parcel from EMS without having to tender for it .

You have defence and therefore assuming you have paid all taxes they should not hold it .

If you have issues ,drop me a PM and i'll try and help as I have dealt with Worcester depot before 

Thanks, 1st Commando.

Spoke to main Parcelforce people today and sure enough they think its a firearm. Apparently, all held goods get sent back to to the Gloucester Depot because Worcester is only a satellite depot. I explained what airsoft was and that it was a toy airsoft replica and you're allowed to import them if you have a defence, explaining I could avail myself of the defence and the best way of showing this is my UKARA membership .

They said to ring Gloucester on Monday and speak to the manager and explain what it is, why i'm allowed it etc or they'll return to sender.

The amount of airsoft kit that must go through those depots and you still have to mess about like this? Beggars belief! My local RM depot pulled my dad in one day (I was in Saudi at the time) over some 'suspicious' package that was to be delivered to me and they were more than happy to accept the explanation of it being a RIF and me having a defence.

so, UKBA aren't worried, you know, the guys who patrol and police the UK border and who have experience with dealing with all types of nefarious items, but some *albatross* clown at Parcel Farce (probably some failed cop, or is systematically abused by his violent wife) thinks he has the authority to detain? What a knob.

To be honest, I'd blanket charge WGC, a) for not giving you a choice of courier, thereby B) placing your order in danger of, shall we say, an agency with a VERY low rating, for airsoft especially.

I'd do as the suggestions here state, but I wouldn't put too much effort in, let WGC make good on their shipping policy, and if in doubt I'd be tempted to seek legal advice on the basis of mail theft! Baring in mind your goods are legal as defined by the UKBA, Parcel Farce has no reason (based on their own courier policies) to detain your goods....sounds like organised theft to me.

This is why I NEVER use Parcel Fart.

so, UKBA aren't worried, you know, the guys who patrol and police the UK border and who have experience with dealing with all types of nefarious items, but some *albatross* clown at Parcel Farce (probably some failed cop, or is systematically abused by his violent wife) thinks he has the authority to detain? What a knob.

To be honest, I'd blanket charge WGC, a) for not giving you a choice of courier, thereby B) placing your order in danger of, shall we say, an agency with a VERY low rating, for airsoft especially.

I'd do as the suggestions here state, but I wouldn't put too much effort in, let WGC make good on their shipping policy, and if in doubt I'd be tempted to seek legal advice on the basis of mail theft! Baring in mind your goods are legal as defined by the UKBA, Parcel Farce has no reason (based on their own courier policies) to detain your goods....sounds like organised theft to me.

This is why I NEVER use Parcel Fart.

Which part of the policy are you referring to?

If it's in WGC's policy to use a specific method / courier service they are liable for any issues if that service proves to be unreliable. If they suggest a good service, but you as the customer elect to use an alternative, the customer would be liable....simples.

@InqEisenhorn: So WGCshop, a crowd based in Hong Kong, should be charged because someone in the UK wanted to order an item and suffered a minor inconvenience through no fault of their own? That's a little harsh.

I've had entire shipments in work be detained for months (I wish I was exaggerating) because carrier companies route things through the wrong jurisdiction - it has nothing to do with the seller; the carrier makes the calls on who they use as agents, and where they route things through. Once the goods are declared then it is up to the carrier to honour their contract with the seller and the purchaser.

I don't know what the UK is like, but in Ireland it's all about confidence. I've had stuff frozen for similar reasons, and had it released in 5 minutes and a phone call. That's not a "look at me I'm super awesome and persuasive" because I'm not; I was hungover to hell, sitting in the sun when I got a call to say that the package had firearms in it. I was confused, and told them there were 4 airsoft pistols from WGC shop, and that they were all below one joule (legal requirement). I was asked for a license, and I told them no licensing system existed. Goods were released. There was no hesitation when asked for a license, and that's what sells it. It's like dealing with the police - seemingly stupid questions are not asked to get a specific answer; they're asked to gauge you and your answer is judged i.e. if they're sure you're not a toe-rag typically you get a lot less hassle

I was really talking about the situation where the item is seized or destroyed through courier ignorance. Counter to the suggestions made, I do believe the sender has a responsibility to ensure the item being sent is in safe hands. If not the sender, then who should be responsible to chase an item with a courier service? The buyer? Especially if I'm the buyer and I pay good money (as dictated by the seller) to purchase adequate postage and packaging, I expect nothing less than to receive my item....that was the idea of the transaction.

The way this case was described, the buyer had no choice in the courier service being used, so purchased the item and the postal service in good faith. For the product to get held up because of a substandard courier service, how can anyone argue for the buyer to have to be responsible somehow for the products retrieval?

Positive resolution, thankfully, although the way it happened was a great indication of "Parcelfarce".

I rang the depot this morning as advised yesterday to explain it wasn't a real firearm and it was legal etc etc, to be met with the words "I dunno anything about that mate, the guy who deals with restricted and international stuff isnt in til 1pm...I've no idea why its been restricted, but just come pay your customs charge and I'll give it you anyway, i'll move it from the restricted section for you". Good for me, not so good in terms of security.

Cue me jumping in the car and driving over there to pick it up before the other guy got into work. I have the parcel safely in my hands now, which is brilliant, though I suspect the man who simply moved it from the restricted section without questioning it will get a bit of an earbending!

To be honest I don't think they would notice. PF have a habit of things just 'happening'.

I recall them trying to charge me £13 on top of Tax just for delivering an item even though it was already delivered. When I phoned and asked the girl on the other end of the phone just said 'oh don't worry about it' and cancelled the payment reminder. Seems they really just don't care if no-one asks questions. Either way it is a poorly done system.

'FireKnife'

Archived