Spring Vz58 aeg conversion

Vakond

I have recently found a springer Vz58 in a czech store and I thought it would be nice to convert it to an aeg. This is it: http://airsoftshop.cz/product_info.php/cPath/373_383/products_id/8543

http://6mm.cz/airsoft/recenze-warrior-w58

Has anybody else tried that before me? I'm planning on using a standard v3 gearbox and ak type hopup chamber, At first glance they seem easy to install, but i have no ideas for the grip and the selector.

Whoa, nice find! Looks very good for a springer. 

How much internal space it has? Looking at the photos in the review you link, the hop up looks a lot to me like the one of  the Vz61 AEP (heh). I'd say you could use a Vz61 AEP gearbox and hop up, it can be made to shoot reliably ~300fps. That way you can at least forget about messing too much with the grip. Even the selector seems to be in the same aproximate position.

I have just found it virtually, i haven't bought it yet. The site states, that this version is equpped with real steel stock and grips. I'm hoping someone here already owns one and I can ask for some details. I'm pretty confused there, because airsoft AK-s are longer, than real steel ones, so that the v3 gearbox can fit in. They write it in the review (or at least google translator says so), that in details it is the exact copy of the real steel Vz58. However, the Vz58 is not an Ak..

Thanks for the idea, but i want it to be skirmishable and aeps usually don't shoot over 30 meters and it is hard to get replacement buckings for them. I'm sticking with the AK internals, if I ever make this. I know a local stock-maker, who can do the grip, after I get the sizes from the springer's grip. The real problem is the selector

Hahaha! Great!

Here is a link to a kit  for the same AEG gun in airsoftpro.cz, as you can see in the disassembled photos, it's made for AK internals:

http://airsoftpro.cz/eshop/product_info.php?products_id=1328

But at 500+ euros it's a bit expensive, to say the least...I think converting the 74 euro springer would be cheaper for a "novelty gun", unless he wants a VZ58 as a primary.

I already own two replicas, each close to 500$, and trying to sell one. I knew about that kit and however its price for a CNC steel, low-serial replica is reasonable, I still can't afford it. I have access to a turning bench, so making some custom parts is not a problem. Also, working on it could be a great experience :)

For a vz58 conversion, I'd definitely say go check out the old news page project section.  Someone else pulled it off, although they used an actual vz58 as a donor.  I'm sure there's still some useful information in there.

http://arniesairsoft.co.uk/?filnavn=/projects/vz58/vz58_project_review.htm

Looks like the receiver may be too narrow for a V3 gearbox.

Thank you for your post sir. So most likely the springer's body will be too narrow, i don't think they made it wider, that springbox is pretty narrow. I will have to settle with a can-shooter Vz58, or give up some of the realism and use a marui system AK body. Using parts from a real steel rifle would be better, but also it would buy me a trip to the hotel with lattice windows (only a licensed gunsmith can do that, and even the paperwork would cost several hundred dollars).

Really, a VZ61 AEP gearbox should be able to fit in that body. It can be upgraded to 300-320 fps reliably and there are several options for the inner barrel, including EDGI custom barrels and R-Hop. The Vz61 chamber is as good enought. Of course this solution it's not as easy as AK V3 internals, but I bet it can be made to work without too much work in the externals.

It's 400 fps for assault rifles, 500 for DMR and 600 for sniper rifles. I think the problem is not the fps, but the hop-up system of aeps. Even marui aeps can't shoot over 30 meters and aep buckings are almost as rare as FAMAS midcaps :) I have used my King Arms L1A1 around 320 fps for a long time and still it shot further with outstanding accuracy, than most other aegs. My experience is that the hopup system makes the real difference.

I see, I was under the impression the Marui AEP hops were pretty good. Rarity of parts is a fair point though.

Bear in mind as this is a custom build, you can use whatever hopup you want to! I'm sure you could mod in a normal AEG hopup to give you the options for barrels and buckings and stuff.

Archived