Looking for a G36 Mag compatible vest / plate carrier

Vartan

If you really want something designed with the G36 magazine size in mind then I would suggest that you take a look at Linderhoff Taktik. They supply gear for the German KSK and others, I am not really that knowledgeable about this but my buddy(who's also a member here) knows a lot about German gear.

If you just want something more accessible then I'd recommend any magazine pouch that is able to hold two M4 style magazines. If you remove the locking pins on the magazines then it should be much easier to insert and remove the magazines from the pouch. It would be difficult to find a variety of open top pouches, Linderhoff has nice ones but besides that there are not many options.

You could get a double M4 pouch and remove the top flap, then modify the pouch a little bit to allow a shock cord to retain the magazine, I've seen it done before.

Now, if you want a type of vest with down in pouches then I assume that most vests suited for 7.62 AK magazines would work, unless the pouch itself is quite deep. I'm sure that someone more knowledgeable than me could shed some light on what works for G36 magazines, but if one would want to it to be reasonably affordable and easy to get ahold of then I would personally use double M4 pouches, with modified shock cord retention.

The options listed before my post are good as well, I would recommend those too. The South African 83's are really cool, and can hold two 7.62 AK magazines in each pouch so they should hold G36 magazines, but the pouches may be a bit deep. Otherwise I would also recommend the old German web gear that also was mentioned by Vakond. They should not be terribly difficult to get ahold of and since I've worn one myself(though not for a long period of time) I'd say that it is a comfortable way to carry kit. That web gear has made me look into options of getting my own web gear but for something that suits me better, as I don't have a G36, but the Bundeswher kit is some really cool web gear!

most molle vests, such as a ricas or raptor from warrior would fit you and the do pouchs to fit the g36. depends on what colour you want really. i run a ricas with 5 pouches across the front and thats more than enough

i have some tan g36 molle pouches for sale at the mo btw

HSGI Tacos or the ACM replicas are great for G36 magazines, plus they'll also fit AK, STANAG and whatever else you want to throw into them. 

Depending on your situation, it might be cheaper to equip your current PC with Tacos rather than investing in an entirely new PC.

Cheers!

I've gone through a number of different ways to carry G36 mags, and I think using double M4 pouches are probably the best.  I have some double G36 pouches, but with the size of the mags the pouches stick out so far.  Unless you have a good reason, like you want flecktarn pouches, M4 pouches work fine, I have no trouble getting mags in and out of mine

I bought My G36 pouches from Taiwangun. They sell them for M4 mags, but once I tried, the G36 mags fit perfectly. Before bying mags, try to choose a model that doesn't have huge seams inside. Mine are almost completely smooth and the mags slide in and out easily. I thought I'd recieve a normal M4 pouch with velcro flaps, but as a bonus they came with retention straps.

• 1 month later...

Archived