Custom Made Rigger Cobra Belt

tweaker

Guys

I am Ex Military with 23 years service and numerous Op Tours under my belt.I now do CP. When I first joined the gear was really poor. So as a result I learned to sew..........My room on camp was like a sewing sweatshop and guys would constantly turn up wanting this and that done

Over my time I have made Chest rigs/daysacks/battle belt/mods etc etc.

Now the reason Im posting is I have made a few things for my nephew who "does" airsoft one of which is the cobra rigger belt.

All my gear was/is made from UK/US milspec webbing,thread,velcro buckles etc. I do not make cheap tosh. No wynster/webtex etc etc made here. Just top end kit used by in the past top operators.

If any of you guys want any cobra rigger belts custom made to your spec as in the photos drop me a PM. I only do this as a hobby when Im back on rotation(cant bear to through my machines out!!) and to make some beer money and keep missus off my back about "space your machine take up etc etc"

My gear does not fail and custom made to you.

Drop me a line tell me want you want it for ie role etc and I will give you unbiased advice.

A cobra rigger belt can be bought from the USA for about £50 before shipping and import tax/customs. I bang them out for £40 plus postage to YOUR spec. I currently have coyote/od in stock.

Also if you guys want any advice on gear set up drop me a PM

Thanks in advance

T

post-97091-0-99781400-1380231700_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Cobra Vs Rigger Belts.

Rigger belts originated,so the Urban Myth goes,from parachute riggers who adapted them from para gear into a comfortable general duty belt.

Typically these days they are made from 1.75 inch webbing and a rigger buckle and v-ring.

No one (in UK anyway) will certify it to say it is safe to abseil from. However it can be used (with the correct training) as an emergency abseil harness. Why you would want to do this is any ones guess!!

If you have climbing rope to abseil from you could use that to abseil from rather than a belt!!

What guys have been using them for (and Blackhawk market them as such) as retention belts.

All that gucci ness aside guys normally use them for mounting drop leg pistol holsters and subloads  because they are comfortable and stiff enough to properly mount a holster

The reason why cobra belts gained popularity is beacuse EVERYTIME you tac up you have to undo the rigger belt or re tension a rigger belt.

A cobra buckle tensions in exactly the same way as a rigger buckle but it un fastens with the adjustment locked down. This means thread webbing through buckle to size then use tension relaese to tac up/down. Its the little things that make all the difference to comfort and operating efficency.

Also as a side note the cobra buckle is rated to 4000ilb breaking strain and will not slip or release under tension-total overkill in a belt application but good info all the less

Google you tube and you will see guys in the ole USA using them as makeshift tow ropes with two joined together to pull a 4x4 vehicle WITH its Brake ON!!

HTH

T

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived