Building a Vintage Gun Case

renegadecow

A friend of mine who makes replica antique 'muff pistols' ( think 18th century Swiss Army knife!) and the like, uses old Victorian dark red or green, velvet curtains to line his cases, then gently sands the edges of the compartments to simulate years of wear.

Please, whatever you use, don't use pop rivets to hold hinges ect on, only dome headed brass screws with a slot.

For the hinges I'll be using countersunk screws which would be covered up by the cladding so it doesn't really matter what they look like. The handle probably the same, but will have a more or less decorative cross piece of leather that will have brass fasteners. Buckles will be brass, unsure yet if I'll be needing a lock or a hasp at the very least.

You're a man after my heart with those SAA's RC!

I've got the chrome, the Deluxe and the Heavyweight standard - they're just so much fun. Absolutely terrible performance, but who cares when they look that cool. All I did when I got them was practise my Revolver Ocelot impression :D

I think they are definitely deserving of a nice display box - will have to get around to actually building it this time :D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived