ASG Scorpion EVO 3 A1

blobface

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will wait for reviews and see if gunfire or taiwan gun list the gun at a more sensitive price tag since Im going to need quite some mags... 75rds is a low count for my "trigger happy playing style"...

EDIT: a bit over 2KG? that thing is a feather! WANT!

Guys, 360£ for this is insanely cheap compared to other rifles. People pay 700£+ new for a tuned rifle here, and this one comes with warranty!

But if you believe there's another rifle out there, with Neodymium motor, ASCU, Alu box, QD spring system and M150 (?) capable internals out of box, for 360£, go ahead.

Dont get us wrong, mate, we know people spend that and much much more in guns like PTWs and the like, but being this a new design which has been delayed several times (IIRC) preordering it looks a bit hasty, at least in my opinion.

Im all for this gun, for features , looks and promises of performance, I just prefer to wait for reviews and being able to calculate acurately how much will take me the gun plus 5 or 6 mags, well, that, and the ASAR, which im eagerly waiting for too...

Guys, 360£ for this is insanely cheap compared to other rifles. People pay 700£+ new for a tuned rifle here, and this one comes with warranty!

But if you believe there's another rifle out there, with Neodymium motor, ASCU, Alu box, QD spring system and M150 (?) capable internals out of box, for 360£, go ahead.

There are E&Ls with all that (maybe not the QD spring, but all the rest) for 330€

There are E&Ls with all that (maybe not the QD spring, but all the rest) for 330€

I believe you mean an E&L with an ascu fitted, right? can those work with the empty mag detection? even in that case, an EVO3 is quite the novelty and that must be paid too. All in all I dont think the price is too high considering the features, im just reluctant because it is designed by airsoft systems and I have been told the ASCUs are not very reliable in their firsts versions

BTW: Link to those e&ls or didnt happen ;)

The price is really good, it's basically an average AEG price, that being said, even if it's £500, my problem isn't price related, it's the fact that nobody knows how well these will perform, or how long it'd perform for, and if it breaks, I don't want to be the first to work out how to fix it, or if it even could be fixed due to lack of compatible parts... etc. 

I have no probs paying 360+ for a TM rifle or DTW + some upgrades, but we all know what to expect from them. But to pay same money, for something nobody know what it is /as yet/, thanks, but NO, will have to wait till next year, after few good reviews.

But I still want one. :)

Remember this has warranty from ASG. IMHO, their repair service is pretty good. Certainly better than shipping a rifle back to china.

Are you SURE? Alu box? ASCU? Actual high end internals?

I doubt it.

But please do provide a link to said info.

Edit: I realise this has a pretty harsh tone. I'm just interested, i don't mean to offend.

E&L have some nice internals,Come with a nice Nylon piston that's partly steel teeth,pretty durable. Standard sintered ACM gears you find in most Dboys guns which are okay to 140 springs reliably. Air seal parts are good,come with ACM neo motors too. The gearbox shells are very well made but not aluminium based,standard Zamak cast. Strong,reliable and good performing once some tuning like AOE correction,good grease and shimming is performed. 

The E&L is apparently capable to 150 springs for high amounts of usage but aside from marketing no real independent test but ACM internals are fairly strong so I'd accept it.

Hop up on E&Ls are a mix of the prowin design and TM one and are pretty damn good,though just looking at them the casting quality looks a bit shoddy. Still,that's all aesthetics.

E&L lacks a ASCU mosfet,alu box,QD spring,stop-on-empty function and some other small things,but does feature 'high end' internals to some degree(If it had XYT/JG part-machined gears that would be even better)

Here's the ASCU version that Gunfire sells:

http://gunfire.pl/product-eng-1152204206-EL-104-PMC-A-assault-rifle-replica-ASCU-version-.html

Jal3 didn't mention the stop-on-empty, but yeah, there are some characteristics the gun above doesn't have.

Now, there's some people that consider E&L price too much compared to, let's say, an LCT gun.

The same guys that would take an LCT over an E&L will not pay that amount quoted for the EVO3, and the reason is pretty much the same as in this case:The EVO3 is an untested, untried gun, promising much, uncertainty included.

It's a novel product, apparently well made and with a lot of promise, but IMO it's not rightly priced to be competitive. If they don't attract customers with the first offering we might not see a second one, which would be a shame.

Considering the R&D that went in the scorpion, I'd say that is a pretty nice price.

However I do am weary about the ASCU that is in there.

Hope ASG did a serious QC on those.

Seems like it's not coming with a neodymium motor as promised :/

And mentions of alu box are sorely lacking now.

The gearbox shell in the photo of the internals Patrol Base posted on facebook make it look like your standard zinc alloy cast jobby, the cylinder window on it is tiny and has full radius corners at each end though so it should be a pretty robust shell.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152861273318975&set=a.10150177364123975.362920.167596103974&type=1

They also have them for pre-order, same price as Land Warrior.

Archived