ASG Scorpion EVO 3 A1

blobface

Seems like it's not coming with a neodymium motor as promised :/

And mentions of alu box are sorely lacking now.

I think they come with an Ultimate Basic motor, whatever that is according to this...

http://www.actionsportgames.com/products-search-248.aspx?productid=17832@@SHOP1

Am I right in thinking this is Ultimates Basic motor?... http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft/asg-ultimate-high-torque-motor-long-type.htm#.U3W6wtJdX84

"ASG Ultimate upgrade series basic motor is designed for high FPS and demanding Airsoft AEG builds"

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys - The ULTIMATE motor in the EVO, isn't from the current Basic line we have out in stock already. 

The gearbox is a molded aluminium box, CNC processed for better tolerance.
The ECU unit is custom made and features custom software for the EVO. And with that ECU the EVO is born to be used with 11.1 Lipo. 
Each EVO is going through a QC process, when assembled: fire function, FPS, build and so on.

Hope it helps guys, as you can probably tell, we're a bit busy with the whole release. But its really close now...

I don't understand why people are moaning about the price. It's built in Europe so will more than likely be better build quality and has quite a nice features that most AEG's don't have as well as proper CZ polymer moulding. You can pay £360 for a King Arms M4 that is pretty much just a standard AEG and then Marui recoil shocks are 200quid more. I think it's a fair price for what you get.

How close are we talking Kireru? June not July yea?

I don't understand why people are moaning about the price. It's built in Europe so will more than likely be better build quality and has quite a nice features that most AEG's don't have as well as proper CZ polymer moulding. You can pay £360 for a King Arms M4 that is pretty much just a standard AEG and then Marui recoil shocks are 200quid more. I think it's a fair price for what you get.

That's quite an exercise of assumption because, you see, the only thing we know for sure is the price that store is charging. We don't know the build quality, or where it's made (I doubt it's made in the EU), or those features for sure.

Then, even if all those things we don't know were true, the price might be right, but not competitive. IMO, and from a commercialization standpoint, one bad first launch can mean there's no second one. And THAT would be a shame.

I have to add that the price in Pounds is usually higher, so I can hope for a better price in Euros, and not a 1:1 exchange rate with that particular store.

My gut tells me that its mostly made in China and assembled somewhere in Europe. If ASG says it has a motor from their current line and those motors are not manufactured in EU, that leads me to believe my hunch

The price is acceptable if it is a reliable and skirmishable OOTB gun. On the other hand... Mags are a bit on the expensive side, but thats something which is not going to surprise anybody as it is probably what ASG will use to get a better margin and dont overprice the gun. The fact that they wont release a hicap in the first months hints to it too

Close is June not July unless the hand of god strikes down on our production facilities.

The motor as i explained before is NOT from our current ULTIMATE basic line. The motor is special for the EVO, but will be featured as a stand alone motor later this year.

The EVO simply isn't just assembled by ASG. Most of the parts have been designed from the ground up by ASG, produced in Denmark/Europe. The gearbox for example, is one of those parts. We try to get as much done and made in Denmark to ensure the best QC and responds to changes without sacrificing price.

You cant have the bolt stop function on a hicap magazine since the "flip" switch on the magazine gets lost in the design. We havn't planned on a Hicap magazine, we did brainstorm about it, just like we did with a lot of other things. But we won't start R&D on those things before the EVO been out for a while and we can see what the needs are. 
And the price for mags, are for a 3 pcs package. 

If there still is doubt about the features here is the official list minus the noobie ones like "its goes phew phew" ;)

CNC machined outer barrel
Integrated standard size rails
Super lightweight and compact design
Glass fiber reinforced polymer
Strong magazine
4-position fire selector with genuine 3-shot burst
Secure motor attachment
CNC made flash hider and barrel nut
Easy velocity change
Industry-standard 8mm bushings
Removable folding stock
Reduced BB spill
Removable flash-hider
Precision inner barrel
LiPo born ECU
NEW ULTIMATE Basic motor
Optimal power transfer
New designed gearbox
MIM steel gears
CNC processed gearbox
Quality wiring
Intelligent design solutions 
Larger support surface
Upgradable with industry standard parts
ECU controlled gearbox
Crisp trigger response
Failure-detection
Battery monitoring
Easy service and maintenance
Gearbox as heat-sink
Moisture resistant
No fuse box
Empty magazine detection
Functional bolt lock
Multiple sling mounts
Ambidextrous controls
Ambidextrous charging handle
Easy adjustable hop-up

*edit: Hope it helps...

Well, to be honest, I didnt expect to retain the bolt stop function with a hicap like happens with the TM recoil series. A couple of hicaps are a nice setup for starting to build a gun, it is skirmishable from day one and the user can buy midcaps at his own pace

I understand mags are sold in a three pcs package, but according to UK price, each midcap is quite close to 17€, which I understand are new designed for a new system, but being plastic/polymer made, i think the price is a bit on the high side. Thats why I think ASG is pushing the price slightly up on the mags instead of on the gun.

Please, dont missunderstand me, im not trying to sunder or suitcase on the gun, on the contrary, I like it and will buy one with a nice mags set as soon as it is proven reliable , i m just trying to write my thoughts and provide a bit of feedback :)

Cheers and thanks for the info, its allways great when a manufacturer talks directly to future users

I agree, but, at least me, think about the mag price as a "price per BB hold" as a way to compare mags price among them. So the Pmags hold almost 2 times BBs as the Evo mags. Its just a personal factor. But again, this is just me trying to sound my thoughts and feedback.

So, if ASG releases hicaps in the future, even if the bolt lock is lost, I think it would be a nice adition to the Evo catalogue

Well, to be honest, I didnt expect to retain the bolt stop function with a hicap like happens with the TM recoil series. A couple of hicaps are a nice setup for starting to build a gun, it is skirmishable from day one and the user can buy midcaps at his own pace

I understand mags are sold in a three pcs package, but according to UK price, each midcap is quite close to 17€, which I understand are new designed for a new system, but being plastic/polymer made, i think the price is a bit on the high side. Thats why I think ASG is pushing the price slightly up on the mags instead of on the gun.

Please, dont missunderstand me, im not trying to sunder or suitcase on the gun, on the contrary, I like it and will buy one with a nice mags set as soon as it is proven reliable , i m just trying to write my thoughts and provide a bit of feedback :)

Cheers and thanks for the info, its allways great when a manufacturer talks directly to future users

Didn't take it hard way. You are right, it is a new mag for a new gun. It's a lot to ask you guys to trust and just buy a completely new UMP+G36+MP9+MP5 *bramston pickle* love child. But we believe the CZ Scopion EVO 3 A1 will convince most, if not all when it comes out. 

And the reason for the mags being "pricey" is that the outer shell is molded out in one piece, instead of two and then superglued together. 

Well, we users want it to convince us too, I have been a long time after a gun with ptw features without shelling silly ammounts of money to buy, making it reliable and skirmishable. Now two of them are coming almost at the same time, the ASAR and EVO3.

My budget hates you with the most sincere passion ;)

Well, we users want it to convince us too, I have been a long time after a gun with ptw features without shelling silly ammounts of money to buy, making it reliable and skirmishable. Now two of them are coming almost at the same time, the ASAR and EVO3.

My budget hates you with the most sincere passion ;)

Same here. :)

It's a lot to ask you guys to trust and just buy a completely new UMP+G36+MP9+MP5 *bramston pickle* love child.

It is, but don't get us wrong. If by any chance our input makes a better product, we'll ALL be happier :)

I really want a Euro made product to have a great success, so best of lucks.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived