ASG Scorpion EVO 3 A1

blobface

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a message I had from Team ASG facebook I asked them did they get despatched from Denmark last week they said "Yes sir, some did. We had some problems with a few of the 95ms springs, but EVOs are getting on their way"

I'd say "some did" means not as many as they hoped. Does Kireru have better information?

Ok so i'm finally getting mine delivered on Monday!! Which is great news BUT there's no extra mag pack coming which means i cant use it in the field with one mag :/

Also is there any solid evidence about this magazine problem? I've not heard anything apart from Zeroin heresay. Is this why the mag packs are delayed? Can Kireru give us an official line on this please?

There should be a 3 x mag package released by now i think?

To fix the mag:

Endcap off (it's super tight, use hammer)

Pin out

Slide inner part 1cm up

Pull the lip pin springs apart to make them stronger

Reassemble.

Hey Guys - we had some trouble with the very first few mags that we sent out... The spring that holds the feeding lips weren't strong enough to keep the feeding lips under tension when e.g the magazine would bounce around in a mag pouch. 

We have contacted the retailers with a "how to" guide as jal3 stated above. If the fix doens't solve the problem we do support with a full warranty and a new mag(s) will be issued to you instead. But it was a very limited amount that had this issue and luckily the issue was reported back to us quckly so we could adjust the production.

Would you like to see a picture of where the mags are being assembled?

No idea - probably not since the issue was with the very first few that got shipped out - yours should be the sec. half of the first batch, where the issue should have been fixed.

We dont want a "how to" video out right now from our part - since asking people to take it apart can void the warranty. Thats why we want retailers to fix it, in case they screw up, there wont be any question as to warranty. But if yours does have a mag-spring-lip issue, I'll make one myself for you.... you know 1on1 video chat, yummy :P

Hopefully this week - I'll know more since we get to the middle of the week. We just dont have enough manpower to get all preorders out at once, so we sent out a handfull to "random" retailers to cover as much of the world as possible.

Hopefully this week - I'll know more since we get to the middle of the week. We just dont have enough manpower to get all preorders out at once, so we sent out a handfull to "random" retailers to cover as much of the world as possible.

Thanks for the information kireru, it's annoying as jd airsoft also take the payment for the pre order in full so they had my money for almost two months now!!

So far........It's a brilliant little gun, perfect size for CQB. And considering it's so small with a short barrel it's extremely accurate even on burst/auto.

Overall it's a good weight and the weight is perfectly distributed with the majority of it over the hand grip, leaving the front light and easy to adjust.

The materials seem very well constructed, the plastic is very durable and looks like it could take a beating. The hand grip has a nice almost rubberised feel to it and grips well.

Everybody is now aware of the magazine issue that is only present in the very first batch. After a quick conversation with a ASG tech I did the fix myself in 10 minutes without having to get the retailer to do it.

The hop is very effective and I found I only need 5 clips of hop with Blaster Devil 0.25g ammo.

The firing action sounds nice for an AEG and it's quite loud. And even though it's not EBB it does have more of a kick to it than all my other AEG's. I wouldn't worry too much about the shimming and lubrication that people have been concerned about, and if you do have any issues the 12months warranty comes into play. Opening up the gearbox yourself is probably a bad choice and may void warranty.

Burst mode is a lot of fun! And the trigger response in semi is brilliant. With very short travel and being somewhere between a TM recoil and a PTW. (Remember it is using 11.1v lipo)

It's hard to find anything I don't really like about if I'm honest. Maybe it's a bit fiddly putting the battery in properly with it sometimes catching on the bolt lock if done incorrectly.

Archived