ASG Scorpion EVO 3 A1

blobface

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have an MP5 fitted with an ASCU, and the manual say this for a double beep...

That to me looks like one of those "oh it has any issue? well replace ALL THE THINGS" instructions.

Still not good to hear such mixed reviews. Was tempted myself but not as tempted now.

'FireKnife'

It's clear from that troubleshooting table that a double beep means it's struggling to turn over for some reason. It could be detecting excessive current when the trigger is pulled. Which narrows down the potential culprits somewhat.

It's clear from that troubleshooting table that a double beep means it's struggling to turn over for some reason. It could be detecting excessive current when the trigger is pulled. Which narrows down the potential culprits somewhat.

If you know what you are looking for yes but for the rest of us that know how to charge a battery and shoot an AEG it feels a bit "oh sod it, just send it for a repair" :P.

'FireKnife'

Just used mine for 2 days at the National Airsoft Festival and it perform well on G&G .28gs . Probably only fired about 1500 rounds though.

I have an MP5 fitted with an ASCU, and the manual say this for a double beep...

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1408956312.978859.jpg

Thanks Blackwatch. Landwarrior opened it up today, out of sight from me unfortunately, as I'm keen to learn how to look after this myself. Anyway, I explained about the BB jams and how it died, so the tech went away and about half an hour later emerged with another Evo altogether for me, lol. He explained (as far as I remember, so don't quote me as 100% gospel) that when the BB's jammed, it caused pressure on the loading nozzle, which fed back into the gearbox. This caused one of the gears to lose a single tooth, which then jammed the gearbox (bottom reason on list of possible faults).

He replaced the broken gear and got it shooting again........but not for long. There appears to have been a fault with the trigger ASCU/contact, which couldn't be fixed without removing one from another Evo, as they have no spares at present........so he saved us both some time and just gave me another Evo, which they had through the back (not the demo model in the shop).

He put a full mag of 0.28g Blaster Devils through the new Evo without issue. I've not had the chance to test my new Evo personally though. It apparently chrono'd at 340FPS with a cut down 1.4J spring which means it was one of the first batch LW received. However, I wanted my original 0.95J spring back, so he swapped it over, as I already have an M90 shooting about 325FPS and I'm wary of chopped springs.

So mystery solved. The BB jam buggered a single gear tooth, which jammed the gearbox and the trigger/ASCU had a fault. It was said that the trigger on my original Evo was very light and it was compared to this other model. Fingers crossed this one works fine.

From speaking to LW, they are only being sent 6 boxes of spare mags, but these all appear to have been pre-ordered, so will not be up for shop sale. Apparently the spare mags I managed to buy off their website was an accident and were actually intended for a pre-order, but with no Evo's to send out with the mags, somebody put them on the website by accident and I was lucky enough to snap them up. Apparently, I may be the only guy in the UK with spare mags at present (or certainly so many), lol and I may yet buy 1 more box for longer games, taking my total to 10.

LW are also expecting around 8 more Evo's to fulfill their existing pre-orders, plus another 10 Evo's on top for shop sales. So I'll likely buy another one soon, as I'm selling my 2-month-old TM HK416 Devgru now, as I can't see me ever using it again after the Evo performing so well.

Oh and they've never received the "free" soft cases that were supposed to go with their pre-orders, but buyers will get them at some point. They're now showing zero stock of hard cases, which is a shame as I wanted one, but somebody bought one after they sent the others (un-ordered by them) back to ASG apparently. I still want one soon.

Oh and BEWARE of losing the front sling loop when replacing batteries, as it just falls out of place. Thankfully somebody spotted mine falling into the grass yesterday otherwise I'd have lost it. I will likely remove mine as I will no doubt get a single point sling for the rear loop.

Apologies if you're tired of my constant updates, so I'll report back after Sunday when I skirmish it during it's first CQB outing, as to how the new Airsoft Surgeon 0.28g BB's perform through it. I expect the range of this one to be the same as my original Evo.

Hey Guys,

I'm an Evo owner from Austria and i have to say this is one of the best guns i have ever used. Performance out of the box is simply stunning. I also installed a PDI 6.01 Barrel with elongated RHop... What can i say... Its a absolutely beast... With the standard m120 spring it chronos (0.20) with 440Fps. Overall i'm very pleased with it, i only have a little problem with it, the Stock has a little wobble in the hinge (about 1-2mm). I have to install a rubber shim between stock and hinge surface to be sturdy and solid with fixed stock. How is the stock behavior on your guns? Is mine the only one with that issue?

Thx a lot

I totally agree wulfman81, it really is THAT good! My original Evo had zero wobble in the stock hinge when not extended. However, when extended it does have about 1mm play, but this is not an issue for me. My new Evo is the same as before. I believe that the stock may be an original CZ part?

Still not good to hear such mixed reviews. Was tempted myself but not as tempted now.

'FireKnife'

Dude, you'll seriously love the performance of this thing if you try one. Don't be put off by my one fault. It has a 1 year warranty and I love it so much, I'll be buying another and only having 2 Evo's for my AEG collection, so I have a backup. Every other AEG I've ever owned/used is now redundant as far as I'm concerned! It really is the Holy Grail of combined woodland & CQB AEG's to me.

P.S. I test-fired the new ASG branded CZ P-09 pistol and it was really nice. I didn't get too much time with it, but it shot with a really nice kick and got some great range too with a nice flat trajectory, if you're interested in checking one out. I was impressed by it and you know I love my pistols too.

We’ve received feedback from both our customers and end-users on some of the first CZ EVO 3 A1’s we’ve sent out. Overall, the EVO has been received very well indeed. There have been some points on feeding issues/jam that we’ve decided to act on. Our internal QC Department has found a flaw in the tolerance of the barrel and C-clips, which can cause feeding issues/jam in some of the EVO’s that have been sent out. If you have an EVO that experience feeding issues/jam, please contact your retailer and let them know, so you can have the barrel and C-clip replaced in your CZ EVO 3 A1. We will send barrels and C-clips to our partners so they can help out.

Some of you have also noticed that the 18mm to 14mm adapter for the CZ EVO3 A1 has CW threading and not CCW. This is a production error – so if you have one of those adapters with CW threading and it isn't working, you can return it to the retailer from where you purchased it and ask for a CCW version once they come in stock (a new batch has been made and approved).

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask

Dude, you'll seriously love the performance of this thing if you try one. Don't be put off by my one fault. It has a 1 year warranty and I love it so much, I'll be buying another and only having 2 Evo's for my AEG collection, so I have a backup. Every other AEG I've ever owned/used is now redundant as far as I'm concerned! It really is the Holy Grail of combined woodland & CQB AEG's to me.

P.S. I test-fired the new ASG branded CZ P-09 pistol and it was really nice. I didn't get too much time with it, but it shot with a really nice kick and got some great range too with a nice flat trajectory, if you're interested in checking one out. I was impressed by it and you know I love my pistols too.

I am sure I will see you with it at some point anyway. Still personally liking my MP5K but then that also helps that it has little mid-caps that are easy to carry :P. Still sounds like a good performer, does this mean you are releasing your HK416 into the wild?

As for the pistol I am sure I will get a chance to try one out. Still sorting through tax, MOT, bills and other things to actually get a chance to look at buying guns and sorting my "pointless retailer money scheme".

Either way though good to see some support actually being given for a product, not like WE were you might get lucky and some help gets given.

We’ve received feedback from both our customers and end-users on some of the first CZ EVO 3 A1’s we’ve sent out. Overall, the EVO has been received very well indeed. There have been some points on feeding issues/jam that we’ve decided to act on. Our internal QC Department has found a flaw in the tolerance of the barrel and C-clips, which can cause feeding issues/jam in some of the EVO’s that have been sent out. If you have an EVO that experience feeding issues/jam, please contact your retailer and let them know, so you can have the barrel and C-clip replaced in your CZ EVO 3 A1. We will send barrels and C-clips to our partners so they can help out.

Some of you have also noticed that the 18mm to 14mm adapter for the CZ EVO3 A1 has CW threading and not CCW. This is a production error – so if you have one of those adapters with CW threading and it isn't working, you can return it to the retailer from where you purchased it and ask for a CCW version once they come in stock (a new batch has been made and approved).

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask

Thanks Kireru. The joys of buying 1st generation pre-orders.

Anyway, whilst testing out my replacement Evo, I had another feeding issue........this time the mag. The feeder nozzle and spring have stuck inside the mag, so there was no pressure to feed the BB’s into the gun.  A simple fix I thought............wrong. So I decided photos were required.

As you can see, here is the initial problem, with the spring being stuck:

IMG_4796_zps6b32ac24.jpg

Once the base plate of the mag is removed (very easy, using a the lid end of a biro pen) the silver pin should be slotted straight through the two holes, one on either side. So it SHOULD be a simple case of pushing the pin out to release the insides of the mag to then unjam the spring and follower, however this particular mag is faulty, and here is why I can’t fix the mag myself........

IMG_4800_zps0169a721.jpg

IMG_4797_zps0003f331.jpg

IMG_4798_zps32619e0f.jpg

IMG_4799_zpsb2b1f7ce.jpg

As you can see the silver pin has been fitted squint and only lines up correctly with one of the holes. You can see where it is pushing the plastic beside the proper hole on the other side. As such, I can’t disassemble the mag, so I’ll need to get a replacement under warranty.....more hassle!

I’ve checked my other 6 mags and thankfully they are all fine, without this fault.

Such a shame that I’m having these issues. Also, it might just be me, but I’m wondering if my new gun has the same awesome range as my old broken one. To shoot the 0.28g BB’s I need 6 clicks of the hop, where as I only needed 5 clicks for the 0.30g’s......Hmmm.

Still loving this gun though.

What the hell did you do to that mag, Ryaw?!?!

But seriously, thanks for the loving you give the EVO - take it to your retailer and have them replace it if they have any in stock :/

Another more mag issues, please report them - I'm pretty damn close to where they are being put together, so I'll stick my head over there and tell them to "cowboy up". 

*man my editing skills sucks

What the hell did you do to that mag, Ryaw?!?!

But seriously, thanks for the loving you give the EVO - take it to your retailer and have them replace it if they have any in stock :/

I didn't do a damn thing......apart from love it and expect some love back in return :(

Still I'm about the only Evo owner in the UK currently with more than 1 mag, lol, so it's not the end of the world. Getting it replaced will be the issue as nobody in the UK seems to have sufficient stock of mags, Evo's or spare parts yet ;)

Anyway, I've taken my Evo loving one step further and ordered a front hand guard and a CZ single point sling. I'm considering the carry case just now.

I've e-mailed LW regarding the faulty mag and have asked that when they get the parts to fix my original Evo, if they let me know, as I'll probably just buy it back off them again :D

And yes Fireknife, I have just provisionally sold my brand new, skirmished-only-twice TM HK416 DEVGRU, after one day of playing with the Evo, lol.

Why on earth do you need that many!?? 300rds is more than enough for one game!

I'm actually after a further box to make 10 :/  (Am I being too greedy with all these mags?)

I usually play fairly quick, non-ammo intensive CQB games or woodland skirmishes, but I do have a heavy trigger finger and for half-day games, being a fair distance away from the safe zone, I prefer to be able to carry sufficient ammo, without needing to carry a bottle of BB's. Plus my 400 round speed loader rattles when I move and gives my position away at times.

Anyway 10x 75 = *only* 750 rounds. I can rattle through that in one brief woodland game if I get carried away!

I did recall when you had to quickly load your TM mags back up at POW so I see what you mean (knowing the sites people play when they mention ammo needs helps :P).

However I am sure I will have to try it when I see you in passing, I am not so sure I would ever get one (now 2 indoor sites near me so gas ahoy) but I would like to see how the first 'Euro' AEG holds up.

'FireKnife'

I'll be playing CQB with the Evo this Sunday at the Wargames Centre, at Ardeer. There's a terrorist-scenario walk-on for £20. Feel free to come along and play. It's great for just pistols, which is what I usually only use. Just put your name on the sign-up thread on their Facebook page.

Also, it was Section 8 that I played on Sunday past for the Evo's first outing and it performed brilliantly. That's only the 3rd time in 6 years, the last time being 2.5 years ago, that I've played S8 and I quite enjoyed it actually. They've now got a safe zone with proper seating and the facilities on site (hot food, shop, tech) and marshals were all much better than before.

As such, I'm planning a return on Sept 7th, if you haven't been there yet? £18 walk-on. Good woodland terrain in a large area.

Well mine arrived yesterday and I must say I'm impressed its very solid but still quite light weight. I tried my 7.4 lipo and it didn't work I slightly panicked but then realised the mag cut off was working (usually a TM recoil user so i am used to it, nearly...) I do think i ned an 11.1 to get the best out of it and I'll give a more indepth report once i've fired it in anger fun!!!

Yep, I tried one of my 7.4v stick lipos in the Evo, just to see if it fit, which it did. I hooked it up and it was very noticabley slower than on an 11.1v lipo. Trigger response was slower and the ROF dropped quite a bit.

Landwarrior has agreed to swap my faulty mag under warranty and are expecting parts next week or so, to fix my previous Evo, which I'm buying back once sorted.

I've now got my Stream light TLR1-HL installed on the left rail for Sunday's CQB game. I may attach my tracer unit too.

Archived