ASG Scorpion EVO 3 A1

blobface

Any one else had any issues with the stock, the push button on mine doesn't seem to have enough material on the cacth it so when I lock the stock open it wobbles its only a tiny bit at the receiver/stock end but buy the time you get to the butt end of the stock i can really notice the stock move? It shouldn't take much to fix it and I plan on putting a tiny shim in over the weekend and that should sort the issue.

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any one else had any issues with the stock, the push button on mine doesn't seem to have enough material on the cacth it so when I lock the stock open it wobbles its only a tiny bit at the receiver/stock end but buy the time you get to the butt end of the stock i can really notice the stock move? It shouldn't take much to fix it and I plan on putting a tiny shim in over the weekend and that should sort the issue.

Can you post a picture of it, to showcase it better?

Yes I can I'll take a picture when I get home, all it needs is a tiny bit more material on the bit of the push button that locks into the receiver and the problem would be sorted, It only moves, probably 1/2 mm in between the stock and the receiver but buy the time you translate that to the butt end of the stock its noticable, not terrible but you can notice it.

So I skirmished the Evo indoors for CQB today and it performed pretty damn well. It's small enough to comfortably manoeuvre around tight bends and the range and accuracy were very nice. I ended up attaching a tracer unit to see exactly where my shots were going and it made all the difference to my accuracy, by walking shots through gaps to hit people behind cover. I got lots of compliments on it and feedback from prospective buyers was good.

I was in a room firing 3-round-burst (3rb) and there was a guy stacked with his mates waiting to enter and kill me, but upon hearing the 3rb in action nobody was brave enough to do so, lol. Anyway, it was just a trial and I was asked afterwards to go back to semi-auto only, which was fine.

Unfortunately, I'm now down to 5 mags, from 7. Same issue again.......the main spring in the mag sticks and there is nothing feeding the BB's into the gun. I tried to remove the BB's from the mag and lost a plastic feed lip off the mag......which thankfully I managed to find again. BUT I lost the spring the holds it in place, so my mag is currently useless. I just need a replacement spring to fix this.

I opened up this mag to check inside for the missing spring, but it wasn't there. Instead I found all sorts of shaped black plastic which I've never seen before and I'm hoping I can put back together as it's not as straight forward as a TM mid cap due to the cut off.

I had several further small mag jams today with the Airsoft Surgeon 0.28g, Madbull 0.25g tracers and ASG Blaster 0.25g tracers. The main spring inside the mags does not seem to be strong enough a lot of the time to push all BB's into the gun. I had to remove the mags several times and reinsert to try and get the mags to feed. Sometimes it worked, others not so much. Oh and changing the battery is still a complete pain in the rear, lol.

So to summarise, I'm still loving the gun, but I'm really not too happy with the mags. I think the (possibly weak) spring is the main issue, along with the feeder getting stuck inside. I'm also fairly certain that the mags are NOT holding anywhere near 75 rounds as advertised, but I'll need to investigate that and report back.

I still love it though and want to get more mags, as they're going down pretty regularly. I reckon I went through all 6 mags per 30 minute game, so more are required to be carried.

I'm thinking of getting a Trijicon SRS dot sight for my Evo. Nice big sight picture and not too bulky.

My CZ sling and CZ front hand-stop arrived today direct from CZ Shop and I'm very happy with both. The sling makes carrying the Evo about and transitioning from Evo to pistol much quicker and easier, which I had to do several times yesterday, when my Evo mag ran empty.

I've also got a CZ front iron sight and a Streamlight TLR1-HL 630 lumen weapon light mounted on the left rail and a tracer unit on the muzzle.

I'm awaiting the arrival of my Elite Force flip up rear sight.

What sight has anyone put on this? I was contemplating a hurricane xps3 does anyone have any pictures with an eotech type setup and does it work on this gun or is it too bulky? Also what accessories has anyone added?

Ive had exactly the same problem I love the reeal irons but £150 is a bit much especially after I just paid out for the gun! so far ive tried magpul MBUS, troy flip ups and i'm now on HK 416 irons, I've also tried a T1, an aimpoint M4comp and a Eotech EPS.  So far I like the look of the  M4 which is a bit old school for me !! I've also gone through a big vert grip a 1/2 vert grip and an AFG I plumbed on just a rail cover with no foregrip added, which again is weird as i love strapping stuff to my gun lol

Archived