ASG Scorpion EVO 3 A1

blobface

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I truly love this gun and thank ASG so much for producing it for us, but I feel that it's ridiculous that UK retailers are charging between £63-£71 for the official sling (which is a very nice bit of kit). I picked one up from www.shop-cz.com in Czech Republic for only £21!

I also got my front hand-stop for only £6, when it retails for £17 in the UK! However, postage doubled the cost of the order to £50, but I still made a sizable saving and it all arrived safely by UPS within a week.

Sling (£21) : http://www.shop-cz.com/cz-pdw-single-point-sling-roni/d-71200/

Front Hand-stop (£6) : http://www.shop-cz.com/magazine-clip-spona-evo-3/d-71111/

Double Mag Clip (£3.50) : http://www.shop-cz.com/magazine-clip-spona-evo-3/d-71111/ (£14 in UK)

Unfortunately for anybody interested in buying these parts, only the front hand-stop is currently in stock. I must have bought one of the last slings :)
(You can use the "notify" option for when they come back into stock).

Ok so I skirmished the evo for the first time today at a proper close quarters site. All I can say is... It's brilliant!!!

It performed flawlessly all day. It's accuracy is outstanding. I was picking off people heads as they were bobbing out from around corners. It got several comments on how accurate it is. At least 3 people said they now want one.

...i only have a little problem with it, the Stock has a little wobble in the hinge (about 1-2mm). I have to install a rubber shim between stock and hinge surface to be sturdy and solid with fixed stock. How is the stock behavior on your guns? Is mine the only one with that issue?

Thx a lot

Any one else had any issues with the stock, the push button on mine doesn't seem to have enough material on the cacth it so when I lock the stock open it wobbles its only a tiny bit at the receiver/stock end but buy the time you get to the butt end of the stock i can really notice the stock move? It shouldn't take much to fix it and I plan on putting a tiny shim in over the weekend and that should sort the issue.

Did you get this fixed?

Mine finally arrived today :)

And daaaang i like it.

Im just a bit <Insert Angy Word Here> That the Silencer Adapter (http://www.actionsportgames.com/products-search-248.aspx?productid=17950@@SHOP1)
That i got too isn't CCW but CW :(
So had to buy a New Silencer (Since the one i bought with the Scorpion is CCW)

Now i only need An soft carry case and som more mag's.

But im already Taking it out for a spin Sunday :)

DSC_0227_big_thumb.JPG

I had mine out in the field yesterday, and it performed flawless throughout the Whole day.

exept from the Wind threw the bb's a bit sideways (i use King Arms .28) there was no issues at all.

and even found a battery that isnt as annoying to insert at the (by my local deler) recomended 11.1 3 piece li-po (Swiss arms got an 11.1 tube style li-po that fits perfectly, ø19x200mm)

Currently i am considering if i schould spend the Money and buy a PDI barrel for it.

But my opinion. im very pleased about my scorpion, both the way it feels and performs. (but i did have to mod a Little in the stock to remove the bit of woble there were)

Before i forget. there is 1 thing that bothers me. when i shoot semi, it shoots al bb's, but on burst and auto the mag is empty, but there is still a bb in the Hop-Up. When it "Locks"
{But in my World its not that big a issue, because it still performs very vel... For now.. - only time will show if the scorpion was an good "Investment"}

Did you get this fixed?

Today i received a new back piece and installed it on my stock.

Same problem... I dont know whats the problem, maybe there should be an slight chamfer/angle on the catch on the stock or the locking slot on the backpiece to be a self locking wedge.

I have made a quick 3D model to demonstrate the problem, dont know whats the problem, maybe there should be an slight chamfer/angle on the catch on the stock or the locking slot on the backpiece to be a self locking wedge.

I have made a quick 3D model to demonstrate the problem

post-70192-0-73853700-1411492868_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately i don't have a non-faulty evo to compare against anymore, but it's obvious that the current EVO's lack material in exactly the spot you imply. Nice model btw.

Altough i'd just make it thicker, not sloped.

It's my theory that they changed the mould to make the stock easier to lock in, and went overboard.

i hope ASG will change that and provides the optimized pieces to the customers....

Thicker will work, but then its a tolerance problem with the locking mechanism, because when you have more atrophy on the plastic molding on one piece then it will not work, but a slight slope will always have zero tolerance and self locking ability.

Do you know how the locking button is disassembled from the stock (its only held with this spring pin, wich i don't know how to get out of the plastic)?

i don't want to damage anything...

Because if i can extract it then i will make a Aluminum CNC Button with other dimensions to avoid this problem :)

If anyone could film the wobble, it would give a more clear picture of how much wobble we are talking about.

My stock seems fine. Anybody elses left side fire selector a bit wobbly?

There has to be a little slack on the selector switch for it click loud and being crisp on point.
From personal experience i asked Aimpoint the same question and they gave the same reply. 

Archived