ASG Scorpion EVO 3 A1

blobface

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Euros? Pounds? Dollars? I bet it will be around the 400€ mark... it`d better be a real revolution at that price...

I doubt there will be anything technically ground breaking about this gun, the selling point will be the accuracy [or lack of] that 'commands' the price tag. I'd be genuinely surprised to even see a MOSFET in this thing.

Still doesn't sound that revolutionary to me. I am sure they will say all these things but then look at the Magpul PDR. We were promised many fun things might happen and they didn't so I am still a bit skeptical as to what makes this so revolutionary aside from the 'parts are made in the same place / style as the real one' which I agree is good but don't Real Sword guns also have that claim?

'FireKnife'

I want to have faith, but words are too light to be taken seriously, will take their claims with a pinch of salt and hope they deliver what they promise :)

400€ for a gun with new possibilities and features is good if it is reliable, now we have to wait until 2015, something tells me it will be sadly delayed

I want to have faith, but words are too light to be taken seriously, will take their claims with a pinch of salt and hope they deliver what they promise :)

I'm with you on that one, but i'll raise it from a pinch of salt to a sack of the stuff. I guarantee there will be nothing revolutionary about this product - they'll have just done what all the others have done before. i.e. "borrowed" other's ideas and slightly modified them. I mean, wow, the gun stops firing when the magazine is empty! Not like we haven't seen that before, is it? :rolleyes:

Well, maybe the revolution is a very small Gearbox, because I dont see where are they going to hold the battery... the stock is colapsible and the handguard small as my monthly budget... if they fruicage the gun with a battery peq15 then they should be judged at the "Haya tribunal" :lol:

the stock is colapsible

It's likely to go inside the stock... like most AEG SCARs, wires go to the back, sometimes designed into the hinge so it's practically invisible. This gun can take a fair size lipo in the stock I think.. I'll wait for a few reviews but will probably buying it almost straight away...since it's made in EU and all it could mean if it goes wrong, we have a slightly bigger chance for manufacturer warranty and refund should it be really bad. 

Hummm... to be honest, I dont see the gun high enough to hold a V3 GB and a battery, it should be as high as an AK, and it doesnt like it is to me, unfortunatly my size judging skills are *suitcase so as with the stock not looking big enough for a lipo either (the scar stock is quite fatter) I could be proven terribly and shamesly wrong, which BTW, is a good thing in this case :)

no, there is enough space for a V3. i have seen a V3 get stuffed into a Spectre SMG, which is about the same size.

if you have followed this gun since it was announced a couple years back, and this is something a fair few of you guys forgot about, but the OEM for this gun is Airsoft Systems. im guessing the absence of the ASAR is due to ASGs demand that they finish this gun first.

so, with that said, its going to have some fancy electronics, but i hope it will be reliable as AS's other products haven't really proven yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Nonsense! You just slap on some catchy ambiguous moniker like "polymer" and it's all professional. Same way "full metal" makes pot metal guns sound like the toughest stuff around.

Tut.

You of all people must know that calling a polymer 'plastic' is incorrect from the point of view of it's physical properties.

Modelling clay is plastic

Polymers are elastic (Above their glass transition temperature, below their melting point and beneath the limit of their Youngs modulus)

;)

• 4 weeks later...

Im sorry about the nechro, but I found some images from IWA 2012 which could shade some light over the questions already raised in the thread:

Quick Spring change?

419103_363589043674432_1972860408_n.jpg

Mags, dont look MP5 compatible to me...

429293_363588953674441_215792185_n.jpg

Battery located in the handguard?428247_363589023674434_1688036417_n.jpg

424821_363588973674439_1204263411_n.jpg

Regular AEG motor

422111_363589063674430_121140264_n.jpg

I seriously doubt it... VZ61 mags are absolutely tiny, they fire the .32 acp.. shorter and smaller than the 9mm significantly, so if they based the magazine to the  real steel magazine style, then it's highly unlikely they are the same size, also being plastic, the real steel evo 3 magazine is also fatter than a steel smg mag like ones you find in mp5s.. 

Probably my memory is failing me, I read that the first time it was announced in 2011 or 2012. I could be wrong or they simply left it to be forgotten, there is a tendency in the industry to release as little info as possible at first and re-release it a couple of times during the development AND product delay while making it sound all high and mighty

Time will tell if the wait was really worth it

• 4 weeks later...

Dear All,

Correct we have spend three years to develop and prepare production (last task still in progress) of the first European made AEG. The final product will be displayed at IWA 2014 and we target a limited sales just after IWA 2014. Prodution capacity will afterwards be adjusted depending on how the market response on this new CZ SCORPION EVO3 A1.

We are still running stress test and doing fine tuning but we are close to ready. In 1st. quarter of 2014 M&C people will start to release more info to the market about this product. We have deliberately been very closed with info since we want to be close to launch before we allow other makers an insight in technical solutions on the specific gun and the  mechanics.

Best regards

Johnny Pedersen /BSc. mechanical engineer

ActionSportGames A/S

Owner & Co founder

Archived