ASG Scorpion EVO 3 A1

blobface

I've got my Evo back from Landwarrior. The ASCU was replaced under warranty.

The fault lay with the lower part of the ASCU board where the trigger switch is located. The reset spring had failed, so the switch was free to move about when the gun was bumped around when being handled. All fixed now (hopefully).

I'm taking both Evo's to Copehill Down in a few weeks. I considered buying a new soft gun bag to carry both at the same time, but tested my old existing bag, which is the length of an AK with stock not folded. Happily, I can securely fit both Evo's with stocks not folded opposite each other in the main compartment and 3 mags per single mag pouch (4) in the secondary compartment, along with the rest of the mags, batteries, silencer and torches etc, so I'm happy with that. Just in case anybody is considering which bag to buy. I think they retail between £30-£50.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So now that these have been out for a while... what are your thoughts?  

Are  you happy with it?

Would you buy one again?

What would you change, ie barrel, hopup etc..

I'm possibly thinking about getting one for the wife.  She has an amoeba and doesn't really want to get anything that is full metal.  

Thanks

It works great. Been takin it apart few times. Installed speed trigger for no obvious reason. Solid build not to complicated. There is really no "need" to change anything. Ok.. not to modifiable. It just works. Selector slightly improved after diiss-/reassembly. With a Prometheus ms90 its CQB. With a MS130 its a Beast. 150:sh m/s w 0.2

I'm liking what I can read and learn about the gun.

However.. I can't seem to find my info about outdoor play.  Ie., range.

About 95% of the time the wife will be playing outdoors and I'm wondering how you fair against longer barrel type guns.  She has an ares amoeba now.  

Do you feel like you lack range?

Have you put in a longer, tight bore barrel, exchange barrels, etc..?

Thanks

LOL.

It sounds great.. but its not for me :(

Sold it to me..  HA HA.. can't even find one to buy over in Canada :(

I think they just announced it is for sale in Asia now though.  Hopefully there will be supply soon.

On a side note.. I did talk to one dealer (who didn't have any) but a possible concern was the availability of replacement parts (proprietary ones)

Just a heads-up as I know this has happened to someone else aswel.

Right before it's first skirm one of the locking lugs of the QC springguide snapped of, showing monkey metal when changing the spring to a lower ratio.

I had been setting the hop, that's all the use it saw. After that, I kept playing with one lug on. Worked fine, but will order the steel springguide.

Not happy. It shouldn't break that fast.

It did perform really well though! really happy !!

I still love my 2 Evo's. They are the only AEG's I have.

They work great in woodland. At 350 FPS, I'm ranging 60m. It's easily one of the better AEG's at my local site and I can generally hit what I'm looking at whilst others fall short or don't have the accuracy. I love the quick change spring system. It makes it so easy to turn the gun from a 400 FPS (or whatever your field limits are) woodland gun to a 290 FPS CQB gun in a matter of seconds.

I would definitely recommend replacing the metal spring guide with the newer steel one, if it doesn't already come with one for the same reason Lone Bullet mentioned. I too have seen this lose a lug, but still function.

11.1v lipo is a must for best performance. Yes, it's a pain to fit at times, but nothing a bit of tape and some practice can't fix.

It's so small and light that your wife will love it (I know I do, lol). My only warning about this gun is the mag capacity. 75 rounds does not last long at all for general woodland skirmishing. She'll need plenty of mags and a light trigger finger to make the ammo last, as there are no hi-caps available. Most people I see playing with these guns use single shot or the awesome 3-round burst.

Do it!!!

Well....

Guess there wasn't much else to do now but pull the trigger.

Gun is ordered and on its way.  Now the only thing is the waiting time lol.

It is only single shot where we play, but your right... 75 rds doesn't seem like a lot compared to 140 mid caps.

So... I ordered 7 mags.  Still a pain to change.. but that should cover her for a while hopefully?

Thank you to everyone who took the time to answer my questions and offer suggestions :)

That must be for a pair.. its alot for some plastic.. good quality though. Real stuff. Before i got those clips i taped them together. Never regretted gettin the couplers and now fits snuggly inte G36 pouches. Also fits in a Flye Law Enf chest rig after inserts are stripped.

Darn it.  

I'm no longer in the EVO club lol.  Redwolf just cancelled the order (after most USA sales 15%off)

Rubbish about not being able to get it into Canada.

Yet our rules for the border are over 366FPS.. and WELCOME to CANADA lol :)  

Rant over.. feeling better... back to searching :(

Archived