ASG Scorpion EVO 3 A1

blobface

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fabian guessed.

I had not seen the symbol + on the base motor and I was changing the polarity .... rookie mistake ... :unsure:

If you helps shs pistons are perfectly compatible. I have installed a blue SHS piston with you all steel teeth and works perfectly. The stock piston had very worn teeth.

Thank you all I was very worried.

Yes , its strange, the tracer has the adapter but its too short with this red piece.

I don´t know if its possible to remove, its very solid and no screws, it looks liked glued.

The EVO arrived yesterday and I'm scared for breaking.

Yes, this is the regular way in Europe.

I bought mine in Valencia but I don´t know why is U.S. version. 

in Spain it's same as Europe not red muzzles. 

I will try to make a 18mm to  14mm adapter more longer. As a last solution cut that red piece.

So there's a red cap (outer piece), and then a red tube stuck on the end of the muzzle.

Where the red tube ends, are there threads that the red cap screws on to?

If so, looking at that pic just posted, it does indeed look like a simple red plastic tube that's been glued on to the smooth muzzle that protrudes beyond the threading.

painted

red

no screw

I painted the muzzle in black.

Where the red tube ends there is just a small hole, is plugged no screw.

Btw , its normal that difference in clearance between the selectors trigger?

Nothing accurate, disappointing.

trigger

trigger

• 3 weeks later...

Got two questions.

First, aside from curing the snapping pegs, is the steel spring guide worth it - does it actually increase FPS ? (I'm wondering about experimenting with springs).

Second - does anyone know where you can get replacement cocking handle spring ? I can't be the only one that's forgotten to hold on to the handle when removing the battery cover - I was lucky the one time I did it in the safe zone at an airsoft site - just about found it again.

Having ball bearings it removes stress from the springs bybtaking away any torque in the spring. A side effect is thet, because the ball bearing compresses the spring a tiny bit more you can expect 5 fps or so more. Being steel... Well it doesn't break which the standard cheese metal version has a good chance of doing.

Got two questions.

First, aside from curing the snapping pegs, is the steel spring guide worth it - does it actually increase FPS ? (I'm wondering about experimenting with springs).

Second - does anyone know where you can get replacement cocking handle spring ? I can't be the only one that's forgotten to hold on to the handle when removing the battery cover - I was lucky the one time I did it in the safe zone at an airsoft site - just about found it again.

Replacement spring here, but currently not in stock - http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/parts-c8/external-parts-c97/asg-asg-evo-scorpion-replacement-charging-handle-spring-p4604

Can't find anything on youtube or really much about it.  Is it easy to install, necessary, preventative?  I want to get the wife the 18-14mm adaptor and possibly the coupler.  Just wondering if I should grab this too?

Yes, having seen a few standard spring guides snap their lugs, I'd recommend a steel replacement. I have replaced both of mine. Better for peace of mind, for the sake of £15-20.

One thing I would say is that there is a slightly raised thin area around the outer edge of the steel guide, which Landwarrior filed down on both of mine, saying that it made installing and removing a bit easier without it, as sometimes it could be a bit tight. I've had no issues with it and had it installed for months now.

I think most of the problems we have had so far, has been related to spring/springguide change. I wish ASG would release more EVO specific springs. It's not that normal springs can't be used, but end users don't care about the details. Making sure that the spring doesn't slip, and not overcompressing spring (bearings + spacers + spring with many coils...).

• 2 months later...

Archived