Mosfet questions and sorbo set?

Jboud18

So I'm new to the upgrading world. Never opened a gearbox but I have basic mechanical skills. So with the right tutorial I should be able to. Here comes the questions. I've heard of mosfets and how they protect the trigger contacts with the use of say a higher voltage battery. I will be using a lipo in my next gun and maintaining it since it is used. I'm considering having a custom mosfet done by mystikal??? (hunterseeker5 design). I might do it myself with maybe some help or send it out and have it rewired with 16awg.

What features besides ab(which I won't be using) are included with a mosfet or I should look for?

Is there a way to upgrade the trigger contacts in case it is damaged or only replace them?

Anything I should be aware of besides those two questions?

I know there is a mosfet thread and I'm reading through the posts slowly.

The gun that I bought has a SHS 14 metal-tooth lightweight blue piston, SHS Piston Head and I was wondering if I should look into a Sorbo set? I heard they help prevent cracking of the gearbox while getting rid of vibration??

Offer up suggestions, thanks

What are you looking for the MOSFET to do? If you're just looking for the most basic features, then that's all you need. Unless you're after things like burst fire capability, then no point in spending extra to have them there in the first place. Keep it simple :)

Sorbothene pads are used to correct your angle of engagement and more effectively dissipate the force/impact of the piston hitting home. While you have the gearbox open it's worth doing - helps keep the gun running smoother, makes it quieter and in general a nicer firing AEG.

Yea I want something simple but very effective.

I honestly did not know there were a bunch of different options like a computer controlled fet. I honestly did not know what I was getting into.

Is there any danger with installing a sorbo pad? Can a beginner screw it up?

Yes. you can. if you don't prepare both surfaces correctly the sorbo pad can come lose and end up inside your gearbox or down your nozzle, screwing up your hop unit / rubber. Personally i prefer to adjust AOE with shims between the piston head and piston - it's easier to adjust it correctly that way, and sandwiched in there it's not going to fall out into your gearbox.

If you just want a MOSFET so you can use a lipo then you just need a basic one - the Pico SSR by gate should be more than enough, and they're cheap and tiny and easy to install.

You can spend much much more on fancy ones with Active Breaking, burst fire, all of that, but unless you really want it, you don't have to.

Yes. you can. if you don't prepare both surfaces correctly the sorbo pad can come lose and end up inside your gearbox or down your nozzle, screwing up your hop unit / rubber. Personally i prefer to adjust AOE with shims between the piston head and piston - it's easier to adjust it correctly that way, and sandwiched in there it's not going to fall out into your gearbox.

If you just want a MOSFET so you can use a lipo then you just need a basic one - the Pico SSR by gate should be more than enough, and they're cheap and tiny and easy to install.

You can spend much much more on fancy ones with Active Breaking, burst fire, all of that, but unless you really want it, you don't have to.

There is also the Pico AB as well, only a faction bigger than the non active breaking SSR

Wait a minute, what do you mean by shims? Like metal shims?

I'm still trying to figure if I want active braking or not. Still learning but who knows.

I ultimately want a black talon concept fet but they are out of stock eeverywhee which sucks.

There is also the Pico AB as well, only a faction bigger than the non active breaking SSR

Thanks for that suggestion

Archived