Kryptek camo

MooCow

note: the search is pooped up if you know of another thread to put this in, tell Caz

some of you guys might remember me since i havent been active on here for a while but for those that dont, i'm based in hong kong. supposed to be the heart of airsoft (really not as awesome as most would picture it to be, ANYWAY...)

been trying to keep up with the whole kryptek stuff since i noticed an interesting pattern around a year or so ago being shown around my fb circle and soon found out it was kryptek... still not readily available yet online and since it's a US brand (AFAIK) also selling its stuff to other manufacturers to make their own gear in their pattern... just wanted to ask you guys for a few things...

1. any of you guys have first hand experience with their camo?

if so, what type was it and how well did it work under what environment?

2. where did you get it from?

3. their website is mainly hunting style gear/clothing/what not... but i've seen travis haley use their gloves before in one of his class photos (i'm fully aware he used OR gloves previously but he used some kryptek gloves too, just dont have it on hand right now)

tactical gear in the works? anybody has intel on that? (i got hold of a vid that showed a HK shop that did a photo shoot with them, but their shop did not have anything in their store.) (clicky link)

would be awesome to get second opinion/confirmation on their tactical stuff coming available to the public etc. coz their website just shows hunting style clothing etc and would prefer to see if someone has a clearer idea than me if they have their tactical stuff coming. i know they make it seeing some (definitely not many) photos online.

note: i understand there're various manufacturers using their material to make gear/camo clothing already. just want to emphasise i'm after the actual kryptek gear, not the kryptek fabric made by someone else stuff...

p.s. anybody notice the helmet logo on the shemagh? i think it's a nice touch... wonder if they will have a darker/browner version too... looks nice :D

i've seen the copies and so far, they're not exactly... great...

sure, you get what you paid for, and i understand how $200+ P&P is expensive but otoh look at the clones available... their cost and quality too...

i found myself asking the same question back in the multicam days (as i was never a great fan of multicam despite it working well at many places compared to other available camo at the time) and if you can grab a copy and does the same job (or very damn close near) why the hell not? although you get rips and how the cutting is not exactly of a decent quality... if i wanted a pair of camo trousers for walk abouts, basically for casual wear, i might not be so anal about durability and the correct colors...

but having said that, the copies might be an early batch with minimal fabric treatment or just a sample set... feels ###### and comfort isnt the first thing that comes into mind. remember back in the day where there were LOADS of china copy uniforms flying left right and centre from various ACM style online stores? feels just like that.

but i am, however... going to keep on this and i'm keeping my hopes up that HK will get some supplies in somehow and hopefully be in the loop at some point (earlier the better) about the availability. seeing how that shop video... that shop basically made 5.11 massive in asia and now they're not doing 5.11 no more... i'm hoping they find another brand to push and this is one of them (note, emphasis on hoping kryptek being the new brand they will push) considering the video had 'preview' and having a shop shoot pics and video... seems like it's going along that way...

edit:

im going space: what pattern was it and where did your friend get it from?

The Facebook links seems to be down. I'm also based in HK and similarly interested to see if kryptek will take off here.

If the US Army does adopt kryptek at it's next camo pattern, I'd definitely expect the market to kick into next gear (Speaking of which, does anyone know when the US Army will officially announce its decision? Last I know it was supposed to be finalized in June - sorry for going slightly off topic).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Blam360, apparently because someone in the US Govt said our branches need to have a matching camouflage uniform for all branches it was nixed/put on hold. I believe I read somewhere the winner won't be announced until the decision if we're going to run the same camouflage for all US branches is decided.

Guys i appreciate the input but please try to stay kryptek related here.

As for supreme, yes im fully aware of it, last i checked they were from vertex etc that used kryptek fabric too.

And the fb link, that is strange, should be open to all. Will check settings

• 2 weeks later...

Update for those that care: supreme are doing some preliminary marketing for kryptek.

Im expecting them to stock or at least have hk stocking kryptek products. Dont quote ne on this but it just makes sense if u see a big shop spending time doing marketing on something if they will have their hands on it.

As for the vid. Will see if i can steal misfit's ftp bandwidth for the video since the fb link is currently the only source i know of

• 2 weeks later...

thought i posted this a while back... came here to post something i managed to get a link on (dont know how long it'll stay up coz it's the legit link from supreme. they might not want everybody going on there lol)

(vid from before)

(link i was talking about)

http://sdrv.ms/16p7cMp <-- dont sue pls

cannonfodder and mike, thanks for your input but please note i'm not looking for kryptek made by other manufacturers. i already put this in bold on the opening post, but i think supreme co. should stock this or at least distribute it in asia. there're already a few manufacturers making combat clothing in kryptek fabric but please understand i want the pukka kryptek stuff...

i think i'm getting closer to it now. maybe for the other people in asia that wish to finally get their hands on some official kryptek gear, made by kryptek, this info will be useful.

cannonfodder and mike, thanks for your input but please note i'm not looking for kryptek made by other manufacturers. i already put this in bold on the opening post, but i think supreme co. should stock this or at least distribute it in asia. there're already a few manufacturers making combat clothing in kryptek fabric but please understand i want the pukka kryptek stuff...

Ahh my apologies :( Didn't quite grasp what you meant in your original post. The wording of the bold bit confused me a smidge. Thought "....not the kryptek fabric made by someone else stuff..." that you meant the fabric wasn't original kryptek and was made by someone else. Hence my link to clothing made from original kryptek fabric (at least the garments I saw in the store had a genuine tag on them). Rather than only being interested in clothing made by Kryptek from their own Kryptek fabric.

My mistake.

Sorry mike, i guess i was not clear from the opening post.

Steel: im itching to get my hands on their gloves and a full bdu set for typhon.

But highlander and mandrake work pretty damn well for many places i have seen. I just totally dig their typhon thats all

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

MooCow I agree and will likely eventually pick up some smaller items but like a hat, scarf, gloves myself as well since all those items need to be replaced. I'm just not fully onboard for what it looks like when applied over larger areas. Especially with those new Multicam patterns about to come out. Never been a fan of it in the past but kinda dig the tropical one.

They have it in store at supreme co. now, the shemaghs and survival bracelet and a bunch of their hunting style gear. I gotta say even though with my expectations of a higher price tag for a kryptek branded shemagh, these are really soft, humidity dropped over 30% in the last week so if its not something soft round my neck its not exactly comfortable. So i will be picking one up soon. Just not sure if i like the dark or the lighter one better.

However im gonna see if they will release some more info for me since im sure being a distributor they will probs have faster gossip than other channels.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Archived