Madeline McCann

Baddbaz

you only think this now? Hell, if it had been anyone else other than 2 doctors, social services would have taken the other 2 off them within hours of landing in the uk.

Things that strike me looking at the latest releases.

1) How much like the Efit photo the father looks.

2) Chances of the girl being alive still with the constant barrage of media coverage

3) If a organised abduction ring, chances of finding the suspect now that his likeness has been released.

To be perfectly honest and I know this to some will sound horrible but I don't care anymore.

Children all over the world are sadly abducted on a near daily basis and forced into all sorts of things, why exactly does this one make such a difference?

The media hype surrounding it is the biggest reason for me to just look at it and say 'nope sorry'. Yes it is a bad thing that a child has been taken (or for the conspiracy people out there killed by the parents and buried somewhere) but really it doesn't need to be hammered into our heads and paraded around, why not spend some time and man power sorting it out than plastering it everywhere in the hope that someone in the UK is going to find a girl that went missing in the vast European mainland.

I bet if this was say a non-white family that this happened to that were UK residents it would be different, The Sun would blame them for killing the child, the Mail would claim they are evil foriegn types and the Star would just keep shelling out pictures of tits and celebrities for the fun of it. The rest would just not care. It is just an example of how we as a nation focus on things that can be sorted out by a single investigation while we ignore the many other issues the world and even we as a nation face.

'FireKnife'

What got at me the most was the fact that every parent at that restaurant table with them also left their kids unattended in their villas / apartments . And apparently took it in turns to leave the table and go back and check on them .

The e fit does look remarkably like the dad though .

It was a mark warner holiday site , so a free crèche was available till 10 pm .

Not one word of guidance / sanction was mentioned by any one on crime watch in regards to leaving your children alone / unattended whilst you go out to enjoy yourself / eat / get drunk

As said , if this was a normal family social services / media would be chomping at their heels . If the parents wanted to do something positive they should admit their faults / Iresponsibility and publicise to other selfish adults / parents how wrong / dangerous it is to leave young children unattended whilst you go out socializing .

My only comment about the whole thing.

Approximately 1200 children a year go missing in the UK.

Since The McCanns went out to dinner and left their daughter unattended between 8000 and 9000 children have gone missing

Where's the outpouring of popular media garment-rending and conspiracy theorizing for them?

My Wife and Mother-in-Law have spent decades working for Barnados....The fact that one girl commands so much attention, to the detriment of the remainder is a crime.

Its because she is the perfect subject for media attention . Blonde , attractive , middle class with professional parents . . Personally I think an example should have been made of them to deter other parents from doing the same thing .after the representation on crime watch of the parents / friends its almost like they have set a precedent of it being ok to act in this manner if you are a parent . Just wrong .

The McCanns keep it in the media as it makes them a small fortune.

As others have said... Many, many children are taken, or go missing every year.

I've never really been one for conspiricy theories, but having seen transcripts of Police interviews with the (for want of a better word) Parents, they've been obstructive from day 1, and focused more on fund raising to pay lawyers to gag anyone that questions their version of events, than actually attempting to solve their daughters disappearance.

I have to say, to those who say "get over it", as a father - I wouldn't stop. Ever. Until i either had my daughter back, or knew exactly what happened.

I have to say, to those who say "get over it", as a father - I wouldn't stop. Ever. Until i either had my daughter back, or knew exactly what happened.

r2zb.jpg

Sums that up for me. If this is what happened I would follow the news story a lot more closely.

'FireKnife'

At best, the parents neglected their kids. At worst, something happened and they covered it up. Either way, there was a black girl who went missing in extremely similar circumstances in Europe at around the same time (I forget her name, but that kind of backs up my point). Absolutely zilch in the UK papers. The portugese police made screw up after screw up, but I really wouldn't be surprised if the UK police end up considering the parents as suspects. 

Sorry, couldn't help myself ;)

One half of my brain is laughing the other half is thinking good one but seriously no under 16 (or other illegal situations) get trapped in my house. :P

Either way it really boils down to many things but sadly I think this is something that isn't going to go away and the whole 'we must publicise this as much as possible' is really getting old.

'FireKnife'

I've got a stuffed dinosaur called Rexy (He's a tyrannosaurus, about a foot in height, and multi-coloured. He is also a badass and defeats my nightmares). Anyhow, when I took him on holiday to Spain when I was 6, I took him to dinner with me. Because I didn't want to lose him.

Oddly I had a multi-coloured dinosaur too, think it was a stegasausus (or whatever they are called) and it had a noise box in it.

It was my favourite in that 4-6yr period.

'FireKnife'

I still have mine - Her name is Tricey. Her and Rexy sort of have a thing going, but it's fine, because they have no genitalia.

*edit* I got confused; Tricey is evidently a Triceratops and not a Stegosaurus.

I think this reminds me of another high profile child case in the early 90's. In the security footage (bootle strand shopping centre) it looked as though the mother had left her child unattended. As such, the child was then killed, by two children who coaxed him away with them.

2 hours or 2 minutes, it doesn't matter a *fruitcage* thing. A crime was committed and should be investigated fully. If there's a chance they can find the McCann child, I think it's worth it. Wether or not the parents should be prosecuted for neglect? Yes, I think they should. But

Has anyone considered this could lead to finding other children, or that it is part of a bigger operation?

It's like saying to a rape victim "if you weren't drunk/dressed like that, you wouldn't have been raped". It's having a pop at the victim (as it stands the McCanns are innocent and are not being prosecuted for their child's abduction/murder, which ever it could be). Having a pop at the McCanns for leaving the child, yeah that's fine. But don't forget, they're victims.

It is very bizarre. But again, she may have been told not to answer the questions (for operational reasons). One thing that always gets on my nerves, is false information given out as fact by the media. There has been several incidents of miss-information, being presented as fact. All to sell news papers or make the ten o'clock news more interesting.

Coffee on my monitor!

I've got a stuffed dinosaur called Rexy (He's a tyrannosaurus, about a foot in height, and multi-coloured. He is also a badass and defeats my nightmares). Anyhow, when I took him on holiday to Spain when I was 6, I took him to dinner with me. Because I didn't want to lose him.

I used to have a Jim'll Fix It T-Shirt when I was little. Kept me safe.......

Archived