Bodgeups Airsoft - Sniper Cam scope videos

Bodgeups

Hi everyone,

This is my Youtube channel of Sniper Scope cam videos.

------------------

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCShkxMWRR9Hk72YWatDOwXQ

------------------

I play at EAG Worthing and Tech Brigade.

Four videos on there so far, subscribe if you like what you see as I'll be making lots more.

Thanks.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's interesting. Do you mind elaborating on how you film the video, or preferably taking a photo of the rifle with the camera attached?

Also, if you're using a telescopic sight, have you considered filming through it? it'd be very interesting to see what you see, crosshairs and all, and it would save using a zoom lense on the camera in addition to the sight and having to check they're aligned. Bolting a GoPro to one of these weapon-attached one-way-mirrors should do the trick nicely; you can still see unobstructed through your sight, and a GoPro bolted to the Anglesight can also record what you're seeing. I might give it a try when my M14's done, just to see what it looks like.

[EDIT]Looks like someone else had the same idea!

10335456083_e9ac56331a_o.jpg

He notes that his rather rudimentary camera (a Flip Mino - a right POS) wasn't very good for the task. I wonder whether a mount for a GoPro that screwed straight into the screwholes on the Anglesight's frame would do better.[/EDIT]

I'll film a short video this weekend demonstrating how I put everything together.

Basically, it's a digital camcorder mounted on a ris rail, which attached to a second set of scope rings.

I did a fair amount of research before starting this project, and decided not to go with attaching a camera to the back of the scope. Aside from the fact that I'd have to look at a screen instead of looking through the scope, I didn't want to change my shooting style (the camera would have been in the way) and there's an issue with parallax; basically, if the camera isn't 100% aligned with the scope, you'll either get the dark shadows or you won't be shooting where the crosshairs say you are, even with a zero'd scope.

A friend of mine at one of my sites made this video years ago, watch where the bb's actually go in relation to the crosshair.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0U9Flv0VpQI

I suppose some of you have seen this video, this guy did a really great job with his video set up...and with shooting people.  Since he has multiple cameras, you can also see how they are all set up.  Though, having a camera atop the scope, as he did, seems bulkier than I'd like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sK45xnlwC4g

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Great videos Bodgeups, I like! I just watched pt1 of the 19/01 game.

This does show how not all people are honest with their hit taking mind you, as from the vids that I have watched there are a few shots that seem to have been acknowledged yet not taken.. Alas, not the end of the world!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey, 

I have watched most of your vids. Just have a few questions though. 

1) Why these gaming sites? They do not seem to be very sniper friendly. Lots of players on small piece of land, little sneeking options etc. 
2) You should try and setup your rifle to shoot better bb-s. I know you need heavy weight, but the 0.4g are pretty damn bad bb-s. You should clean hopup rubber with alcohol after each game, as you shoot a lot of bb-s and the hopup rubber gets dirty real quick with those bb-s. As you can see yourself you have a lot of fliers going everywhere, you should try and get that down to minimum. 

Best regards, 
Bjorn

Target rich environment you mean :)

unless you have the time to drive 2+ hours to find a good open woodland site it generally is a case of take what game sites you can get, especially around London it seems. I travel 100miles out of London for good sneaky gameplay at a reasonable sized woodland site. When i move back to lonond in june i'll be seeing you about i dare say. 

I noticed you shoot unsupported a lot, Any reason behind it?

Archived