The Walking Dead Season 4

creepingfear

In a nutshell, I found the first episode ######. From the S4 trailer they released a while back it looked as though they had developed into some form of tactical group with forward planning/thinking, common sense ect. But no, still the same old brainless bunch of *albartrotheth*.

And they still have their bloody limbs exposed! GGRRRRRRRR THIS MINDS ME UP TO *fruitcage*!

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's mind boggling how the writing is still so *fruitcage* terrible. Rick is still acting like an idiot.

They didn't hear all those damn zombies on the roof?

They have two of their best trackers/zombie killers meters away... Please.

I quite enjoyed it; From a realistic Zombie fighting perspective, they're all still clueless.

From the perspective in comparison to the comic books, it's not even close anymore. 

HOWEVER.

It's entertaining, there's plenty of gore, I like the silly nature of it, and I find it amusing to yell at the TV. The way I look at it, if I want serious, tense, well written Zombie drama, I'll read the novels and comics. If I want televised laziness that's really quite amusing despite the downsides, TV show!

Plus, I'm quite looking forward to seeing what happens with the new guy and how he ended up right at the end of the first episode.

Oh hey this pig is acting weird.  I know lets not bother Hershel, the retired veterinarian.  No.  That would be silly.

Exactly! There's just no continuity.

The characters wonder why there's this mass undead build up on the fence - well perhaps if they didn't build their bloody garden and animal pens there, they wouldn't have that problem. Or at the least build a sort of screen so that it blocks the view from the garden to the fence, thus the deadies get no stimulus from human/animal movement. In the first episode you see that they have built all this lovely outside dining structures yet haven't bothered their *albartroth* with further strengthening the perimeter (having a few spikes near the gate doesn't count).

You'd think by the forth series the writers would start to make the characters behave more appropriately....

As for those little brats goading the deadies near the fence, I would have chucked the little b#####s over the other side and let them get ripped to pieces.

It's lasted to season four and people still watch it? Wow. I gave up ages ago. Never get the "I like to watch things, just to moan about them" approach.

It's like watching X Factor, hoping it will become "serious". Never going to happen.The Walking Dead (the tv series) is aimed at people who haven't read the comics. For me, the best tv show of the last ten years was The Shield. Nothing's come close for me.

Meh, I'm still enjoying it. The trick is to just forget the comics, consider it a separate story, and try and remember that the people suck at surviving because otherwise there'd be no drama.

Let's be honest here, if this was the real world people would adapt a lot quicker, there'd be sound based lures to keep the Z's away from the fence, the dead would become an entirely manageable issue, nobody would get bitten and it'd make a boring as hell TV show.

I still watch it, just don't moan about it now. No point. There are a million and one things you could do, than watch a tv show that makes you annoyed. It's why I stopped watching 'The Dome', I just couldn't get into it. I can't route for people, that I just want to see killed in a horrible death.

Edit: I watch The Walking Dead for the horror aspect (who dies next and how badly the die).

Edit No 2: bloody auto-correct.

Thing is, they are stupidly skilled at killing zombies, they just walk up to them and manage to get penetrating kill strikes every single time, until they need to add a twist in the plot. It's pretty boring that they can just wander up and poke a horde of zombies in the eye without much fear of being attacked.

Let's be honest here, if this was the real world people would adapt a lot quicker, there'd be sound based lures to keep the Z's away from the fence, the dead would become an entirely manageable issue, nobody would get bitten and it'd make a boring as hell TV show.

That's part of the annoying thing.  They know how effective those lure and traps were at Woodbury but they have just forgotten all about them now.

Again.  It all comes down to quality writing as far as I'm concerned.  They can be sensible and have an interesting program.

It's pretty boring that they can just wander up and poke a horde of zombies in the eye without much fear of being attacked.

This. If the zombies where harder to kill thrn they could employ defenses / traps / not be dumbasses ect without negating the threat of the zombies.

Has always annoyed me about the show, a tiny knife in the eye magically destroys the brain enough to stop them.

I don't think it would be realistic for them to all of a sudden be an elite group of zombie killers.

That's down to suspension of disbelief. Sometimes, we just don't buy it. Most plots can be torn to shreds, if you analyse every detail (with not much effort).

Star Wars Episode IV; shoot the escape pod, empire wins.

But most people bought the explanation, of why they didn't shoot/destroy the escape pod. Until Vader is told and everyone *suitcases* them selves.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think we will see the last of the Carol character. The writers have just turned her character into one of the most talked about in all it's 4 seasons. Viewers will now naturally be wanting to know what happens next, which in turn will possibly up the ratings even higher.

Actually found myself enjoying ep 4.

Apart from the "tattoo leg" girl and missing eminem lookalike oddness. Either there is more to that story arc or it was really *suitcasey* writing. An almost perfectly severed leg and devoured body on the other side of the street with virtually no blood trail in between, not including how both leg and torso were so far apart.

Another thing I've noticed: Whats hapened to all the AR's and M4's and AK's they had from end of season 3 and ep 1 of season 4? If I was going out on a run, I'd want to be armed like a mother *fruitcage*! :D

I would say they ran out of ammo but they picked up a *suitcase* load from Morgan's stash.  It's just poor writing.  Their scout teams should all be running suppressed weapons.  Daryl's bow is invaluable in the correct scenario but is simply dangerous to clear an unknown building with.

If you want to immerse yourself in a zombie/infected apocalypse world.  I can throughly recommend the series of books, 'The Remaining' and 'White Flag of the Dead'.  The characters act like they have fully functioning brains and their actions are well planned for the most part.  Not like this toss.

Shooting attracts zombies and wastes ammo, also the people for the most part aren't trained. The period between series 3 and 4 isn't indicated, but they have crops and piglets. They also took on loads of new people from other groups.

They probably don't want to hand guns and a tonne of ammo out to people they don't know that well. Also go out armed to the teeth its more to carry, you are more likely to use and waste it and if that person dies its all lost.

The problem is they show them as if they are trained some times and then as if they are complete numpties at other times. 

We know the core group has spent a lot of time practicing shooting.  They were able to repel the Governors group.  Though perhaps that was luck but they certainly had a strategy.   When they tried to clear that big store on the first ep it seemed like they had a clue what they were doing then suddenly, back to retard mode.

Sure, they don't want to hand out guns to unknowns but what they are doing is just irresponsible.  Going out on recon with just sidearms.  They have no idea what they will run into.

If you check out White of Flag of Dead.  It's a similar situation of outbreak, main guy forms a small group, picks up survivors along the way, clear out a safe base e.t.c. But they plan, organize fire teams e.t.c.

Archived