The Walking Dead Season 4

creepingfear

I dunno I think they handled themselves pretty well throughout, even when the store got messed up and zombies were falling from the sky they did ok.

All the ammo they used in the final episodes of series 3 and their current burn rate. Cant imagine they have much left. Plus all the stuff clearing out the prison after ser 3 , crops, water pump, pig pen, getting enough food to sustain ~30 people a lot of who were old/young. Threy are doing ok

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What I can never understand is why do they never go out and source 4x4's. Yes they are more likely to use more fuel but the gain in multi terrain use is well worth it. Stuff like backing your charger up on a mound of deadies would cease to be a problem. Are the writers seriously suggesting that the State of Georgia does not have a sizable supply of (PAW abandoned) pick up trucks? I thought that of allplaces would be a rednecks pick up truck's wet dream.

Then there's the issue of never seeing (to my knowledge) zombie soldiers with weapons or gear still mounted to them. Oh, and never seeing discarded weapons lying around. I would imagine in a zombie post world where the military is non existant, their weaponry would be all over the place. Morgan proved that.

Gonna give that White Flag of Dead a googling..............

Why would they try and source new transport when they have those magic, immaculate Hyundais that roll around looking factory fresh.

No idea about the battery.  But I would have thought even if the water had rejuvenated it, it would need to be charged first wouldn't it? Perhaps Mythbusters should do a TWD special.  They did a zombie one recently but it was pretty *suitcase*.  Of course doing mythbusting on zombies is pretty difficult seeing as they aren't real but there are lots of things they could try.  The whole hoard force™ was touched upon but I am really interested in whether they could break large sections of glass.

Quick question: what Daryl did, by simply refilling a dry car battery with water, will that allow a charge to flow through the cells and start a car?

I would not think so if it was dry. Electric fence batteries with low water pump out less amps and then go up again gradually (mine had solar panels for charging)

So that's where all the guns and ammo is.  On a table and in a box outside by the fence.  Of course.  Nice and safe there...

Interesting to see someone finally decided to use their brain and tell everyone to lock the cell doors with the potential zombies inside.  I've been wondering why they didn't do this straight away.  I mean.  They are in the perfect place to lock down for such a situation.  Yet, somehow, they just can't quite get the hang of it.

Also, lets store the guns that could save the day in the cell of an infected person likely to turn any minute.  Good one.

Full auto fire into that crowd of zombies? Good plan. Is it just me or did Rick reload twice on the space of a couple of seconds?

And finally, 'operating rod' Apparently no firearms tech on set.

God, I hate this show.  I don't even care about realism or logical behavior (I do watch Strike Back FFS), I just have pretty much zero interest in whether anyone survives.  If I was suddenly made showrunner, I'd drop the entire speaking cast and make a spinoff about another group thousands of miles away, and get some writers who can do basic character development.  

I get that they tried to give this season extra hopelessness and despondency, but it doesn't work when you're no longer invested in anyone.  

Also, it's interesting how the live zombies never step on the hundreds of bodies of facestabbed zombie corpses and scale the fence.  

Why would they try and source new transport when they have those magic, immaculate Hyundais that roll around looking factory fresh....

TERRIBLE product placement ads from Hyundai's quest for brand status; remember all the stupid badge closeups in 24?  At least the Gerber adverts were somewhat logical.  Maybe my spinoff could take place at a US Hyundai assembly plant for some bonus sellout cash.  

I guess I'll watch almost anything with decent production value.  The promo for next week's show made a big deal about the return of the Governor--who couldn't accomplish much when he had a private army but we're supposed to be worried about him showing up alone?  

Why would they try and source new transport when they have those magic, immaculate Hyundais that roll around looking factory fresh.

No idea about the battery.  But I would have thought even if the water had rejuvenated it, it would need to be charged first wouldn't it? Perhaps Mythbusters should do a TWD special.  They did a zombie one recently but it was pretty *suitcase*.  Of course doing mythbusting on zombies is pretty difficult seeing as they aren't real but there are lots of things they could try.  The whole hoard force™ was touched upon but I am really interested in whether they could break large sections of glass.

Indeed. Still, at least they used proper blanks this time and not badly edited muzzle flash FX.

I want someone to make World War Z in to a proper mini series based on the actual books. It's the only thing I've read (thus far - cheers Pirate Bay ;-) ) that seems to have the characters behaving in a more logical and sensible way.

World War Z mini series on HBO.  That would be utter perfection.

The book Apocalypse Z - The beginning of the end is well worth a read too.  Again, someone dealing with the situation that has more than two brain cells to rub together.  I gather there are more in the series but I have only read the first one.

Season 1 was awesome. Kinda like Lost with its character driven stories but with zombies. But it's been steadily going downhill after that. Season 2 still had some good moments for the characters, albeit it was very slowly paced and it seemed like they were at the farm forever. Season 3 onward, it just seemed like they had an entirely different creative team, which is what I think actually did happen. Season 3 had a lot of the action the was missing in season 2, but I just felt disconnected from the story and characters and thought why should I give a *fruitcage*? Season 4 seems like a lot of the same old ######. Seriously hope they leave the prison soon, kill off a good chunk of the characters, and just start fresh. That or bring Shane back. And go exploring outside of Georgia maybe? And why the *fruitcage* would you change the character of the hot farmer's daughter who wants to *fruitcage* you in the pharmacy while kicking *albatross* slaying zombies... and start to turn her into a whiny little *badgeress* akin to Lori and Andrea??? And why get rid of the Carol when she just started to get interesting? Giving knife lessons to kids? *fruitcage* YEAH! All they need to do now is take away Darryl's crossbow. Seriously, what the hell happened to this show? Spartacus seasons 3 and 4 were (a little understandable though) and the Dexter finale was just dog *suitcase*. Sad to think Walking Dead seems to be going that route.

I love this thread everyone bi****s out the show, but is fully up to date and still watches it. Can't be that bad then can it? I think it's pretty good considering their budget and the fact it's a iinexperienced up coming network, this isn't HBO.

I really liked the last episode, nicely paced , fun action just enough character development. The mistakes frankly where minor unless you are nit picking.

I don't want the govenor back, he's a terrible character (in the tv show)

That's another thing about the show, the zombies just don't bring about the same sense of doom that they did in Season 1. I get it that they are more experienced at killing them. But it seems like whenever you want a character to survive a zombie attack, just surround him with a horde of zombies in an impossible to escape situation. Then, just cut the scene to later when he magically survives without explanation, as was the case with the Governor and Tyrese.

I just watch the show to hold me over until Game of Thrones is back. Not sure what to watch once that season ends now that Breaking Bad is done.

If they get on the road again, it may force the writers to come up with better scenarios. Maybe they'll stay in the piston till it gets knocked down (in real life)?

If there is an episode where a lot of people die (horribly), please let me know. As that for me, is what a zombie show should have in it. A constant sense of dread and that nothing is save.

Edit: I record the episode off of fox and then read reviews before watching it. If the reviews are bad, I hit delete.

This show definitely needs character development. I just don't care about the people on the show. The farm, albeit slow, was still interesting due to the conflict and interactions between the cast. This battling the flu business... kill it with fire.

Finally an episode that kept me interested. New characters, new locale, zombies that actually feel threatening, and The Unit wifey. Keep it going please.

Lots of potential, decent actors, what could have been if only they'd have kept the original writing staff.

Yeah that was a really unexpected, the governor was way better than last season, more dimensions than just the illogical evil of before. Im glad somethings going to happen outside the prison. Makes me laugh how no matter how long they drive people always end up in the same place or near someone they know!

He should of kept the beard I was loving the Solidus look.

I'm wondering whether his 2 goons abandoned him on the night/early morning following Govs meltdown the day before or whether they were on the road for a short while after and got sick of his lack of motivation. I'd say it was almost immediately after the El Shoot-up.

At least we now know my the prison group have never gone back to woodbury.

Archived