The Walking Dead Season 4

creepingfear

I can't wait to see where they go from there. I'm loving the program still although, in a similar way to some of you guys, I felt that the prison setup had gone on a bit long. IMO they could have skipped the few episodes about zombie flu and had the guv attack then. Still, hasn't stopped me enjoying every episode.

Sure there are inconsistencies with guns, numbers of people, ricks guys only losing two people etc but I try not to look for that stuff and it's way more enjoyable.

It's just a shame the yanks do these ridiculous mid season breaks. :(

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1468575_556897147734978_2036980241_n.jpg

Daryl, the reason I still watch this show. Apart from all the carnage :-)

I don't know why, but I've just had a vision of General Melchett as the zombie going "BAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca9CJ1u6ACg

• 2 months later...

Glad to see Rick finally got his signature hatchet.  Lets hope he keeps hold of it.

Other than, big old pile of ###### as usual.  The zombie effects I always look forward to seemed a bit meh.  The best animatronic looking zombie (far right of the screen at one point) was only half framed and quickly panned away from.

So ridiculous they were able to find houses with stuff left in them. Within walking distance of the prison.  Surly they would have looted everything within a small radius of the prison?  Well I certainly would have.

And yeah, lets sleep on the ground floor, right by the door.  Not barricade the door, barricade the bottom and top of stairs and then sleep in a locked first floor bedroom? No.  That would be madness.

And bloody Carl.  I hate that stupid little *fruitcage*.  I seriously hope he dies soon.  Hopefully next episode.

The whole distorted memories of Michonne were poorly done too.

I agree with all of the above, pretty much.

I didn't have a *fruitcage* clue what was going on with Michonne's whole flashback thing - I know the gist of her backstory from the comic series, but if I hadn't I wouldn't have had any idea what was going on. No sense made at all.

Another thing I just read about is how Michonne is so very dangerous.  Think about how many zombies she has decapitated all over the place.  You rarely see her stab the heads.  There are probably thousands of little zombie head mines all over, hidden in long grass e.t.c. ready to end someone lol.

The woman just has no consideration for others. Plus, if wasting Zombies is really *that* easy for her, why didn't she just secure the prison before it got completely overwhelmed? I mean she took out 20 odd walkers in less than a minute, 200 can't be that much of a struggle.

Again, it's just lazy writing.  If I was in charge I would have simply written in a bit where she injured her arm somehow.  In a fall or whatever so she was unable to go into zombie death mode.  It's just simple things like that, that would significantly improve the believability of it all.

Another thing that bugs me about her is the length of the sword and her decapitation range.  I guess they have to do it that way as it's cheap but it is an instance where I would prefer them to use a shorter green screen sword and then lengthen it post production.  I mean, they use CGI for basic stuff like blood (which really annoys me but that's another story)

Bqk463l.gif

Another thing I just read about is how Michonne is so very dangerous.  Think about how many zombies she has decapitated all over the place.  You rarely see her stab the heads.  There are probably thousands of little zombie head mines all over, hidden in long grass e.t.c. ready to end someone lol.

If you look closely a lot of the time she is actually cutting their heads in two not just decapitating them

Just watched the latest episode... It's seriously getting worse. Why is Tyreese, who is in charge of 2 children and a baby, and the only one really capable of fighting off more than a single walker, carrying the baby? Why isn't one of the kids carrying the baby so Tyreese can actually protect them?

Why would Glenn just try and bulldoze his way through the walkers when he could so easily have dodged around them?

Why are people nearly getting killed by lone walkers appearing out of trees? I mean how is a shuffling dead creature meant to get within 6 inches of somebody in complete silence? 

I'm on the verge of just not bothering.

*fruitcage* ninja zombies again. ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGRHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Do they have a *fruitcage* 10 year old writing this *suitcase*? A bumbling, shambling zombie walking through a forest is able to avoid every bit of crackable debris whilst it also is bloody moaning?  Utter .

Why not just use Michonne's slave zombies trick or cover themselves with walker guts all the time? Poop show.

I think the idea is they're trying to keep the zombies as an actual threat - After the prison in the comics, zombies are less and less of a concern as other human beings become more of a threat. 

I think the gist is, the show isn't willing to explore the real depths of human behaviour illustrated in the comics (Michonne/Governor being a prime example), and as such they're keeping people fully retarded when it comes to fighting Zombies to keep some of the drama going.

Archived