The Complete Dragunov & Variants Thread

smelsonlaflin

Hello- Throughout the various makes and models of airsoft Drags and variants, I figured there ought to be one thread to unite all the SVD's and variants. Tech questions, upgrade questions, SVD show-boatery, where baby SVD's come from and the like. 

Something that might go well to start this whole thing off is a scavenger hunt that i've been a part of for a few weeks- finding a specific body pin.

(thanks to Horsem4n for the in depth a&k review)

3721321607_dba1d4b7c2.jpg
The receiver cover latch here is the one I'm looking for. Mine is an old AtoZ, but the a&k is a clone, and I reckon any make of pin will do. Please help, or point me in the direction of a scrap SVD for sale?

• 2 weeks later...

Got my Real Sword SVD (second hand) a couple of weeks back. First skirmish was Sunday, what can I say apart from I LOVE this gun!

Only small problem is its hooking shots to the left at over 50M so a little play with the hop and rubbers will be required.

Here she is-- body pin replaced and all. Added a neoprene ring to the end of the piston to quiet it down a little bit. G&G green hop up installed. Lots of hop, but I've got the barrel centered so the hop is very predictable at 200m

200M? are you sure that is over 656 feet!!

Also how have you mounted the bipod? everything i have seen mounts (as it is supposed to) in front of the magazine.

200M? are you sure that is over 656 feet!!

Also how have you mounted the bipod? everything i have seen mounts (as it is supposed to) in front of the magazine.

-Got my units messed up- posted that when i was very tired. 200 ft, 60 meters. :P

-Used the m-16 mount for the harris,, Theres a hole in the bottom of the Drag fore grip that works just like the hole on the m-16. I can put some detailed pictures up. I wanted to go for the original style bipod, but i can't find one to save my life.

Also, for the hooking, is the hop-up/ inner barrel assembly free floating? like with multiple grub screws to set it? If so, you have to set those just so to center the barrel, which is what i had to do with mine, other wise the shots will hook.

Just a thought

Any feedback on the latest gen King Arms CO2 SVD?

Pictures on the website of the quick detach spring guide looked interesting, but also gave me the willies. I'm weary of parts like that 'stripping' and not holding in place. I'd love to see an assessment of that guy too!

Got my King Arms Dragunov AEG in today.  Will get more results when I skirmish with it Saturday.  So far I love it.  Really solid and seems to shoot well. The stock motor barely pulls the Systema M150 I bought for it... but I figured that.

Switched the M150 out for the stock spring. Going to order an SHS Hi-Torque motor so it will cycle faster and put less strain on everything.

-Blink

Also, for the hooking, is the hop-up/ inner barrel assembly free floating? like with multiple grub screws to set it? If so, you have to set those just so to center the barrel, which is what i had to do with mine, other wise the shots will hook.

Just a thought

The hop sits onto its own mount on the front of the GB so no moement can be had there, yes the innner barrel is "free floating" inside the outer but no grub screws and it is a snug fit so sholdnt be able to curve a shot like it is. I think it is something as simple the hop nub being a bit off centre as the space inside the hop up is actually a bit wider than the nub. i will try a madbul fishbone or an H nub which are both a bit wider to see of that cures it. 

Original style bipods are on ebay just search SVD bipod. they are about £40 posted so probably about $50-60 depending on the exchange rate for HK to $.

So the KA's SVD stock motor can barely pull an M150 with a high quality 9.6v 1500 mah Nihm battery.

Ordered a SHS Hi-Torque motor and will break into her next week and post a review up. Hoping the new motor will give me some good trigger response.

-Blink

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Re-opening this thread as I think it's the appropriate area, rather than starting a new one.

For those of you also using M130 sprung Real Sword SVDs, what weight BB do you use.

Was using mine last weekend, targeting between ~30 and 60 meters with 0.30g pellets (already had for my G5).  Worked well but at 445 fps with 0.20g I'm wondering if it might still be firing a little too fast for the weight and so need heavier 'rounds', which also should help a little bit more with cross winds.

Archived