UKARA Development

Manxmadman

Haven't seen anything anywhere else on the forums with this so forgive if its a double post, but I think this probably warrants a news post rather than being stuck in the Legal Issues:

UK airsofters probably want to take a look at this potential development:

http://www.airsoftodyssey.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/vcra-reboot-proposals.html?m=1

Basically these developments would ruin online only retailers and make it seriously difficult to purchase new rifles at all.

Whilst none of this VCRA stuff applies in the Isle of Man, this would seriously hamper any of our guys over here who often buy in the UK.

And in order to present the other side the following has been stated by the UKARA admin:

Well here are some new facts from the horses mouth (UKARA admin):

Dear Members

A slight misunderstanding apparently Frank has not actually put his proposals to the Home Office as such, that was just the impression I had mistakenly got from conversation with him.

He has been asked for suggestions and is canvassing retailer members as Chairman to get an idea of whether his ideas are in line, with the majority view of other retail members before putting them to the Home Office.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its all obviously speculation at this point, nothing could come of it, or it all could. It seems the issue is with the regulation of 2nd hand sales and how they can make their way into the hands of people with no valid defence. That said I can't see how you would stop that, since no official body would be involved in under hand sales anyways.

Why does this not surprise me? And why is it no surprise to see Fire-Support pushing this?

If those idiots really think they can control a 'sport' like airsoft they are sorely mistaken. The restrictions on the sport must already be limiting new blood coming in, these proposals will simply kill it dead. The part about second hand sales is a joke, if the HO and ACPO are already suggesting that the VCRA is unenforceable, what do they think will change with putting muppets like FS in control will do?

This just seems like a way from some RFD airsoft retailers to remove competition and raise prices

Seems like? I'd say that's precisely their intention.

Also, someone on ZeroIn has started a petition, I've already signed:

https://www.change.org/petitions/the-home-office-scrap-the-plans-to-change-the-vcra-2006-legislation-into-making-the-sale-of-them-into-the-same-category-at-air-weapons-and-fire-arms/suggested_petitions

This is rather worrying development, to say the least.

Prohibiting 2nd hand sales, forcing all retailers to apply for RFD status, prohibiting personal imports, and prohibiting internet sales means we all lose out as a community, whilst one or two businesses cash in.

If there is any justice in this world this will never come to be, but it's truly worrying that there are individuals out there who are actively pursuing this future for the sport.

Maybe I should mention to my mate (A professional Cyber security and network penetration tester) to take their website down until sometime in January... 2916...

I decided to check Arnies quickly because Yosser's airsoft blog was what pointed me toward the new "Reboot" being supported by Fire Support and creating a serious headache for us by ZeroOne

Edit: Link http://www.airsoftodyssey.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/vcra-reboot-proposals.html?m=1http%3A%2F%2Fwww.airsoftodyssey.blogspot.co.uk%2F2013%2F11%2Fvcra-reboot-proposals.html%3Fm%3D1

This is true but you know how we English love to blow small things out of proportion and fear monger :P

How else does a rag like the daily fail stay in print ;)

From what i gather Yosser's blog took some very select parts of the information, you may find it actually reads quite differently when not redacted. 

Before we all start repenting to the Virgin Mary and making suicide pacts maybe we should wait for some corroboration. 

This.

If it does turn out that some folks are trying to start a Cartel, then we should do all that we can and within our power to voice/demonstrate our opposition.

Talk of hacking their website isn't really doing our cause any good, is it?

MASSIVE EDIT: If the email from Frank/FS is true, then they have loss my business forever, https://www.facebook.com/boycottFS

Before we all start repenting to the Virgin Mary and making suicide pacts maybe we should wait for some corroboration. 

Probably a good idea, people seem to be going into full-on apocalypse mode (which is easy to do given how nutty legislation can be in this country). I'd certainly rather wait for confirmation that FS is leading the charge on this, than start boycotting them without knowing the full facts.

Well here are some new facts from the horses mouth (UKARA admin):

Dear Members

A slight misunderstanding apparently Frank has not actually put his proposals to the Home Office as such, that was just the impression I had mistakenly got from conversation with him.

He has been asked for suggestions and is canvassing retailer members as Chairman to get an idea of whether his ideas are in line, with the majority view of other retail members before putting them to the Home Office.

Archived