UKARA Development

Manxmadman

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah ha! Now I know who you are! :) lol. I wondered who it was that emailed me yesterday.

I don't mind you sharing the email at all - there is nothing in there I wouldn't be happy for anyone to see; a headsup would've been nice though ;) anyway. As I said in the email debate is good and we welcome any and all discussions or comments and ideas at UKAPU so if anyone has any thing to add please feel free to contact me directly at chair@ukapu.org.uk.

I can assure you that we are NOT going to start submitting suggestions to the HO but will continue to push for stakeholder status and inclusion in any and all future consultations. Until such time as these take place we really don't want to go giving them ideas on how to restrict our hobby any further. :) thanks. Phil

I don't mind you sharing the email at all - there is nothing in there I wouldn't be happy for anyone to see; a headsup would've been nice though ;) 

There's something funny about that sentence... can't quite put my finger on it, as this whole thing blew up because an email was shared without permission.

• 2 weeks later...

Wasn't there another organisation that was looking to offer something like UKARA where they wanted to take only one payment? The website wasn't around that long before it dissapeared... AOGB (Airsofters of Great Britain) or something like that?

I do agree with Baddbaz that a replacement system could be implemented to stop all kinds of ridiculous market piracy and plundering *cough FireSupport cough*.

I'd love to see an ID card implemented which acted much like a SkirmishDiary without any sort of physical entry by the player. There are a whole host of various registration methods that could be used;

• Chip(&Pin) - Expensive system to initially implement but works extremely well and pretty damn secure
  • MagStrip - Like on the back of your debit/credit card
  • QR code - Like on a subcard, posters and various adverts You've probably seen "Scan here with your smartphone"
  • barcode - Like.. on the back of your baked beans

All of the above could be implemented on a basic UKARA (..or Any other body that wanted to start) issued ID card that contained An image of the player, Name, DoB and a unique ID code on it. Each time the player went to a site they could hand it in with their waiver + money, the staff could swipe or scan the code, this then goes onto the database as a game-day entry for "UKA0000001" or applicable number.

Each time a player visits a shop and wants to prove they're a valid player to purchase a gun they could show this ID card, retailer scans the card which could see the last time the player played.

Each time a player wants to import a gun they could put this number on their "special requests" box on the order section of your favorite website, HMRC can check this number to see the last time you played (Must be => 3Months) and request another form of ID like Passport number, Drivers licence etc to check your ID

A site I used to frequent had their own Card system with their site logo on right top corner, the UKARA logo below that, Name and UKARA number, on the left was a picture of the player. Was pretty handy when you visited a store they could check your image+drivers licence+UKARA number and never had any issues!

Archived