Gas Blowback M4 Advice

alexallan

Hi All,

I'm looking at getting back into airsoft but want to go down the Gas Blowback rifle route this time instead of AEG. I like the idea of the realistic workings of the GBB rifles. 

1) I'm considering a G&P rifle but does anyone recommend for or against anything else?

2) I've heard gas is terribly unreliable for skirmishing with, especially when the weather is cold (is this truly a problem?) -

3) So could using CO2 be an option? If so, are all Co2 mags compatible with a G&P GBB platform? Is the FPS controllable? And how many shots do we get from one CO2 bulb?

Any advice on this matter would be hugely appreciated. 

Thanks

G&P is a solid choice.  Try to get one with steel internals but they're quite rare now.  The aluminum internals seem to be OK though.

Right now, with the cold, it's not ideal.  If you run a chest rig under and coat and cycle mags every now and again you shouldn't have a problem.

Your only viable CO2 option is the GHK but it is now discontinued so tricky to source.  There a couple of others but reports don't look too good.

I love my VFC M4 GBBR with HK416 bolts. 

Used to own a ViperTech M4 GBBR - but ditched it due to weight of Pro-win V2 mags (which is like ~500g per mag once gassed up and ammo'ed up). Unless you plan to run something other than Pro-win mags on your G&P and unless you have a solid crew to play with you, better make sure you can take the load because you WILL be outgunned and out-runned by people with AEGs. 

Gas guns are good for short skirmishes but not for full-day/overnight games because of temperature fluctuations during the day + *gunking" in the barrel by all sorts of . Don't sell off your AEGs just yet.

Cold day - just use Propylene rather than propane.

I personally would stay away from the VFC, they look and feel outstanding but in my experience their gas range is terrible especially for somthing that costs $500+

The latest gen WE M4s are pretty solid, can easily fire up to around 10 - 12k rounds with minimal issues/replacement parts. When it does brake parts are pretty cheap. Also the redesigned 2 stage gas mags massivley reduce cooldown and make cold weather play much better.

However I would also advise against RATech versions, their parts seem to cause more issues than they solve, again pricey.

One point on them is the WE hop rubbers SUCK id suggest replacing that off the bat with a standard TM one or any other of the good ones lol. Also fit an NPAS or power down flute valve.

Finally I would suggest using gas mags with propane and avoiding Co2 mags they can force too much power through the gun, increasing recoil but increase ware on parts massivley.

KWA Gas rifles are meant to be very good indeed, but cant personally comment, Hwagan can though.

Me and my team just played a game yesterday, heavy rain, 4c outside. WE SCAR, WE M4 (gen one mags) KWA Vector all ran near perfectly, however full auto was not an option.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

No, there is NO part of WE gen 2 gas mags that reduce cooldown, non at all.

The ONLY improvement gen 2 has over gen 1 is the fact that the shell don't let all the gas out before you get the mag in gun.

This makes it a gen 2 gas mag

http://www.milspecsolutions.co.uk/shop/magazines/gas-blowback-rifle-mags/we-m4-magazine-conversion-kit/

Just the shell, you keep both the valves and EVERY SINGLE part of the mag that does ANYTHING but keep the gas inside.

Gen 2 mags are a great upgrade over gen1 1 because gen 1 are kinda *suitcase*. 

Archived