B.L.Tech Airsoft Gun Sound Simulator

uscmCorps

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it's PEQ + flashlight combo, assuming the flashlight is the noise maker, then it'd be feasible if the gas is stored in the PEQ unit, where a hose runs it into the flashlight shaped noise maker unit, it'd be nice if it has a realistic flashlight diameter though so we can mount it with Larue style dual light mount, one for real light, another for sound :D CANNOT WAIT, I'd pay up to the price of an airsoft surgeon pistol to get one of these if they are reliable. 

I am not sure how its triggered but there seems to be a primary trigger linked to the AEG (electrical), and a button trigger (for testing) in the videos.

The solution is simple really, use an air pressure or sound trigger.  A few years ago my friend and I developed a MILES box which attaches to an airsoft gun using analogue electronics, and then it triggers an LED to simulate muzzle flash at night. 

Great for night games, especially on moonless nights.  But the primary issue is that people don't actually want to spend money to give away their position unless its a tracer unit.  The secondary problem is that no one wants a MILES unit on their gun as it wrecks the aesthetics unless you have a fluorescent orange or yellow flash hider.

Anyways, point is that you could wire up an air pressure/sound trigger to the unit and will work with the propane gun.

But seriously, I want this on my M82 and my 4 other MGs. :D

You could easily adapt this to a GBBR - it's electrically triggered in AEG form, so you could have it triggered by sensors measuring almost anything happening inside the GBBR, whether that was a Hall effect switch or reed switch measuring the trigger or bolt position, or even an optical sensor (like a tracer unit) sensing BBs being fired. You could have a purely external system, like 3vi1-D4n's suggesting, but I'd be worried about other guns nearby setting it off.

Yeah, seems safe. LIghting propane on fire and having this on a GBBR weapon

Like 3vi1-D4n says, propane's stoichiometric air-to-fuel ratio is about 15.5:1, which translates to requiring an atmosphere that is 2.2-9.6% propane vapour for combustion. That doesn't sound like a lot but in practice even quite a small room would require a huge amount of propane to become flammable, and it should be essentially impossible outside That's before we get to the fact that propane requires an ignition temperature of a little over 500°C, so it's hard to get it to combust - the exhaust temperatures of this thing shouldn't be hot enough to ignite a local atmosphere, and the bit that is hot enough (the spark-plug) is contained inside the chamber during firing.

Tl:dr; This isn't going to set your gun or site alight unless your site is extremely small (think phonebox sized), very poorly ventilated and exclusively propane-powered, and the sound generator is malfunctioning.

It would be redundant to use this on a GBB as they already make an acceptable noise when being fired. However, being powered by propane would make this system unsuitable for use at many indoor fields, as propane is not allowed everywhere (Like in NY, its against fire ordnance to expel propane indoors). Unless it could run off green gas too.

But then at that point why even have an AEG if you need to fill it with green gas as well?

Edit: Also yes I realize that green gas is basically propane, But somehow that is not against ordnance to use. Just Propane.

Um, if it's against the law to expel propane indoors, it will be illegal to expel green gas indoors. Green gas is not 'basically' propane, it is propane. If it's illegal to expel propane indoors, do you all have to use roll-on deodorant, old-fashioned shaving soap and go without air freshener? Most aerosols these days use a mix of propellants that include propane. However, this isn't 'expelling' propane indoors, it's combusting propane indoors, which is completely different - the difference between running a space heater indoors and just running an open gas tap, for example.

Also, as much as I like the sound of GBBRs and will admit that they're a huge improvement over AEGs (what isn't?), they don't sound much like real firearms, which this does.

Um, if it's against the law to expel propane indoors, it will be illegal to expel green gas indoors. Green gas is not 'basically' propane, it is propane. If it's illegal to expel propane indoors, do you all have to use roll-on deodorant, old-fashioned shaving soap and go without air freshener? Most aerosols these days use a mix of propellants that include propane. However, this isn't 'expelling' propane indoors, it's combusting propane indoors, which is completely different - the difference between running a space heater indoors and just running an open gas tap, for example.

Also, as much as I like the sound of GBBRs and will admit that they're a huge improvement over AEGs (what isn't?), they don't sound much like real firearms, which this does.

That what the Fire Marshall says. Green Gas OK, Propane not. Im not about to argue.

Also, Combusting Propane indoors would definitely not fly over here. No way in hell. Outdoors, of course would be fine, But we arent even allowed to use the 9mm blank firing grenades or the Exploding pea filled ones either, indoor. Its considered a fire hazard I suppose.

Also, GBB's not sounding like a real firearm is an interesting point. Because, you know what real firearms sound like? they sound like permanent hearing damage. Ive spent a lot of money on nice ear protection to make sure I can still hear and dont have tinnitus after a shooting session. And you know what a real firearm sounds like when you're wearing earpro? a GBBR.

Edit again: Though, If they made this system have a low enough decibal rating that it wouldnt cause hearing damage, Then I wouldnt have any reason to complain. I just think that its a bit silly is all, Of all the realism issues that AEG's have, I think the least of them in my opinion is the sound.

• 5 months later...

I had a chat with the B.L. Tech guys at an event this weekend, they gave an update on their device as well as a quick demo. I thought I'd make a video to share.

If you like the video, please click like and subscribe :D

Taranaki Airsoft Rangers - B.L. Tech at Block Wars 3 (Gun Sound Simulator)

Duration: 2:41

It would be redundant to use this on a GBB as they already make an acceptable noise when being fired. However, being powered by propane would make this system unsuitable for use at many indoor fields, as propane is not allowed everywhere (Like in NY, its against fire ordnance to expel propane indoors). Unless it could run off green gas too.

But then at that point why even have an AEG if you need to fill it with green gas as well?

Edit: Also yes I realize that green gas is basically propane, But somehow that is not against ordnance to use. Just Propane.

Step A: Buy propane

Step B: Relabel to "Sound Gas"

Step C: Sell "Sound Gas" to yourself.

Problem solved.

• 4 months later...

Archived