G&G FN2000 / PMag Compatibility

Probotector

I've considered purchasing Beta Proect Midcaps (30rd styled) for my FN2000, however various posts on different forums say that Pmags will not fit in the magwell. I know about the gearbox screw, and modifying the housing where the BB-retainer is seated isn't an issue in that case. I've also tried PTS and STAR 20rd Pmags and they do fit.

Thanks in advance.

I tried to use Magpul Emags in mine(I have sold it since) and they wouldn't fit, the forward part of the mag gets wider at a point which gets it stuck in the magwell. I assume from pictures on the net emags are about the same size as pmags so the same would happen. I do admit I didn't try to modify the magazine or the magwell for it since it looked like it would too much changes.

I tried to use Magpul Emags in mine(I have sold it since) and they wouldn't fit, the forward part of the mag gets wider at a point which gets it stuck in the magwell. I assume from pictures on the net emags are about the same size as pmags so the same would happen. I do admit I didn't try to modify the magazine or the magwell for it since it looked like it would too much changes.

Weird, people reported that EMags do fit. Must be an issue on G&G's side. And getting EMags is impossible anyway.

Thanks for the help. It's probably nothing a dremel can't fix.

Archived