VSR Iron Sights

steaktipz

I've been searching for replacement Marui VSR iron sights for my G Spec, but I can't seem to find any shops that stock them. Does anyone know any place that sells them, or alternatively, does anyone have a spare set they'd be willing to let go?

Thanks for looking

The G-Spec never came with iron sights and instead came with a rail that bolted onto the receiver. There is no mount on the stock barrel for a front sight. Your best bet would be to find a boneyard gun to provide you with the rear sight and a barrel with a front sight.

-Piano

The rear sight will bolt onto the receiver and AFAIK the front sights on VSRs (at least Marui and JG versions) are held on with double sided tape, so a quick recontouring of the bottom surface of a pro-sniper front sight should allow it to be taped to the G Spec barrel.  But thanks for the reply, will definitely sift through some boneyards.

You'll also need to correct the height of the pro-sniper front sight since the barrel on those is tapered towards the end so will be higher on a G-spec. And so you won't have to look for VSRs and VSRs only, you could bodge on the sights from different guns like a Ruger Mk1 or acm gas M500 shotgun and those are rather cheap and plentiful.

I've been thinking of doing an airsoft scout rifle for a bit and recently had the genius idea of googling "airsoft scout rifle" and turns out someone else had the exact same idea. Here's a link to the youtube vid about it:

It pretty much seems like what you want to do, i.e. a G-spec with iron sites, in this case ghost ring sites from a broken ACM M500 shotgun.

Archived