Airsoft Innovations - Oil Pump Kit for Propane Tanks

uscmCorps

Airsoft Innovations just announced the first Oil Pump Kit that allows consumers who use propane tanks (as an economical alternative for green gas) to prep a tank with all the silicone oil it'll need for the life of the tank.

You can either buy the Oil Pump setup as a kit (pump, and a couple different types of silicone oil for mags) ($34.95):

http://www.airsoft-innovations.com/oil-pump-kit

Or as a combo kit which includes all the above plus the AI V5 propane adapter and duster adapter ($24.95):

http://www.airsoft-innovations.com/gungas-oil-pump-combo-kit

Personally, I think this is a fantastic idea. I've used propane for a while now, but I'll be honest, I'm often too lazy or in too much of a rush to prep my tanks between multiple fills like you're meant to. What I can do ... is take a minute to fill a tank with silicone oil and this pump after buying the tank at the hardware store and then never think about it again for the life of the canister.

Airsoft Innovations are currently offering a $10 discount for any order over $24.95 till midnight Cyber Monday (coupon code : BLKFRIDAY).

This looks like a great idea, honestly. Ill admit I couldnt be bothered to add silicone every couple of fills with my adaptor either. But I only use the propane for outdoor games, or indoor games in NJ since propane is prohibited from indoor use in NY. so I havent managed to break anything because of it yet.

This is excellent.  I'm usually pretty light on the trigger so I've not minded unscrewing the adapter to add in a couple of drops a couple of times per skirmish day but that's never changed the fact I've wished I didn't have to do that.

Being able to prep the tank in advance is a very welcome step forward.

Well, that is how the manufacturer advertises the product. You prep the tank once with oil and you're done for the life of the tank. It's a very clear and concise statement. So if the claims are not accurate, well that doesn't bode well for their reputation.

Only once for the life of the tank though?

Seeing as tanks can last a fair while, seems a bit off.

You don't really need all that much silicone oil for maintaining seals with most green gas cans stating no more than 2%. Too much and it messes with things you don't want having any oil them. That's why many folks run their propane dry and lubricate parts (not the oil) manually when and where necessary.

The propane mixed with random additives and sold under the fictional name of "green gas" smells much better.  Personally I'm with renegadecow; lube the seals regularly and leave the propane dry for best results, though I'm a bit lazy and put a drop or two in my adapters and GasCans in case I don't get around to it.

yeah, KWA hop ups are sensitive to certain brands of lube and green gas. i have never experienced it back when i had several KWAs, but a few people complained of it.

i have always been in the crowed of not being lazy but being cheap. i used propane, but i always remembered to oil when necessary until i moved to NY where propane was banned in every field by fire martial orders.

the only reason green gas wasnt caught up in all the bureaucratic nonsense is because the bottles didnt say it had propane, so the fire marshals didn't have a problem.

Even in my vector, I was RELIGIOUSLY cleaning the barrel and hopup and doing my absolute best to keep oil out of it specifically cause i know they like to swell, but it still ended up swollen after less than a month, I have since replaced it and its been alright so far, but these things are like oil sponges

• 2 weeks later...

Horsem4n - I did a quick google search, and was unable to find anything related to propane bans in New York. Is this being told to you by someone you trust ? This smells fishy to me, like a field or fields want to sell the Green Gas that has a nice profit margin. This comes from me as a store/field operator as well as having a degree in Fire Science - Fire, Arson and Explosion investigation. Either the fields are not very honest or the fire marshall(s) is an idiot. Ban them both or neither - IMO neither.

Archived