Camo'd M249s and other support weapons..? Pics request and suggestions

Nickona

Hi guys..

I'm thinking of camoing my M249 which is pretty much like this one:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/ae/PEO_M249_Para_ACOG.jpg

Basically has anyone got some pics to show.. google isn't being very helpful atm and any suggestions on going about it..

Also loadout wise I'm looking to use it for various loadouts inc MARSOC, SEALs and UKSF with both desert and woodland loadouts so that probably complicates things.. I was thinking CB/OD

So any suggestions or help would be much appreciated!

Thanks, Nick

Mine got a light coat of FDE alumahyde early on:  

SDC10563.JPG

Updated parts were sprayed with Krylon khaki then cleaned, and the FDE has worn naturally: 

SDC10574.JPGSDC10576.JPGSDC10648.JPGMK461.JPG1174.JPG

It's not full camo, but is a little harder to spot than the unpainted gun.  Here's a current shot of it, stripped down for a long OP in harsh terrain:

SDC10731.JPG

Cheers looks really good..

How did you artificially wear it?

Also how do you find the sling? I've never used one with mine so just though I'd ask before I got one..

Thanks; with Krylon or Aervoe the easiest way is to clean the paint right off with IPA wipes before it dries.  

The VTAC sling (the Multicam one) is really handy for long hikes between objectives.  

• 7 months later...

Not sure what you are after, its not a support weapon but I did my first spay job yesterday. I used a base coat of Black, Olive top coat sprayed over hammock netting and a very slight dusting of Khaki (didn't need the Khaki really).

DYTECGampP7of13_zps6ed2ce72.jpg

DYTECGampP8of13_zps870504cf.jpg

• 7 months later...

Archived