G&G TR16 Carbine Light

Cryptkeeper

Hi,

Sold my ICS M4... now i'm facing the dilema of wich gun to get next... came across this G&G TR16 Carbine Light... like the small size alot but... does it have range to put .25g up to 150 feet targets ? Is it a good buy ?

Cheers

It is a good buy - they're great for the money.

Range? Don't know. 50yds is pushing it based on practice with my own TR16 using .25s.

With .25g how far you can get with your gun ?

Hard to be exact TBH - I've not tested it much due to some pretty stormy weather here.

Was skirmishing yesterday and it seemed effective up to around 40yds. (I know most people tend to over estimate distance so I'm being conservative but I'm reasonably proficient too.)

On the range at the site you could tell the .25s were going a bit farther than the .20s although they were also  going a bit more slowly so they stayed in the air longer which exaggerated the effect.

The gun was shooting 347fps on the chrono - with .20s.

I also got into a protracted battle with a couple of guys using ICS MP5s also shooting .25s and I was outranging them.

Hard to be exact TBH - I've not tested it much due to some pretty stormy weather here.

Was skirmishing yesterday and it seemed effective up to around 40yds. (I know most people tend to over estimate distance so I'm being conservative but I'm reasonably proficient too.)

On the range at the site you could tell the .25s were going a bit farther than the .20s although they were also  going a bit more slowly so they stayed in the air longer which exaggerated the effect.

The gun was shooting 347fps on the chrono - with .20s.

I also got into a protracted battle with a couple of guys using ICS MP5s also shooting .25s and I was outranging them.

The TR16 version you have is the Carbine Light right ?! Or do you have the normal TR16 Carbine ? The handguard has space for a 2200mh LIPO ? I'm gonna order mine this week asap.

Cheers

I have a G&G CM16 raider L and I can reach 150 just by adding LiPos (7.4v).

Battery's do not have any effect on the range of an Airsoft gun in any way whatsoever ! Maybe the increase you got in range was your hop bedding in after use ..

I have two of them . A tr16 full length gen 1 and a tr16 mid length. . The full length will easily hit 50 yds on .25 bbs , the mid length 45/50 yds. . Both guns are running 338 / 345 fps .

If you are getting less range , try cleaning your barrel as this will adversely affect your guns range .

I started seen people here using APS guns but i do prefer G&G. My TR16 Carbine Light was ordered yesterday, now i have to wait 2 weeks since its coming by ship =/

After getting the gun i will do a review on it. Anything you guys would like to know about it ?

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Just to inform that i finally got the aeg and went to play with it this last Sunday.

I was able to hit targets with G&G .20g at 50 meters away!

The gun is shooting 320fps, i will now work on a small review of it, hope it will be up online in the second week of January.

Cheers and Happy New Year! ;)

Archived