I Threw Back A Live Thunder Bee

Simba4793

So. At my local field we were plaing a game of "Defend the hostage" I stayed with the Hostage at all times during the game while everyone els kept the enemy team away. The building we were hunkerd down in was a small 3x4 [meeters] with 2 windows and one door to get in/out. I was layed up aginst the window so the enemy wouldent see me. If all els failed and they got to us I was the last line of deffence. It was a pretty exciting game. they never quite got to the door but a few people came pretty close. While i was leaining up aginst the window suddenly a wild Thunder Bee grenade flies through the window i was sitting under. It hit the wall infront of me and slid over to my side. Now the hostage freaked out. But we had been throwing already used shells at each other all day so in that split seccond i thought it was fake. I grabed it and hurled it out the window behind me. It was shortly after i asked the hostage "W-wait....did that have a spoon on it?" He nodded and the POP!. I had grabed a live grenade and thrown it back! The best part was i took out the guy who threw it and both his team mates. We won that game. It was awsome.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

c'mon guys its not like its a pyro I'm not convinced that "bad things" would have happened if it went off in his hand 

now discharging a ksc mac 11 into an open flame... that would be dumb :D

Been there, done that, never liked that fleece anyway.

Reminds me of an urban game a long while back.

I was defending the outside door of a building we had to hold, by tucking myself into a broom cupboard opposite the door across a large room. Grenades came in, but I just tucked into the cupboard, let 'em go off, and then carried on. This one grenade (BFG) comes sliding across the floor and stops right in the door of my cupboard. Now, I couldn't pick it up, so I just booted it (to get it away from my hidy hole), but as luck had it, it flew across the floor, and dropped out of the door it came in through, taking out a whole stack of the opposition. Good job it put 'em of attacking, cos I was laughing that much I'd have been naff all use! :D

Some people have gotten cuts on their hands from thunder bs, but as long as you are wearing tactical gloves, its all good. You can set them off in your hand all day with gloves.

I stand corrected, I'd have thought something metal popping that violently would do bad things to a hand, I suppose it's not really exploding though, just bursting under pressure. 

I've picked up at least 3 live Mk5 pyros this year and returned them to sender, killing them, which was always a very joyful experience.

However I eventually realised how stupid I'd been and stopped picking them up, especially since I'd previously seen a pyro explode in a guy's Oakley gloved hand and split it wide open, resulting in a hospital visit to get his hand glued.

Archived