I Threw Back A Live Thunder Bee

Simba4793

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

at all the sites i have played at it has been expressly against the rules to tamper with or touch pyro after it has been deployed, kicking a lit pyro away is cheating, picking up a lit pyro and returning it is more hazardous cheating.

so not only is this thread about stoopid actions, its about stoopid actions that are also specifically against the rules at most sites, duh

[/applause]

You have played at every site in the world?

[/applause]

I think that he said 'most sites' and to be fair, all the UK sites I've played at have the same rule. As a marshall said at the last briefing 'If they've paid good money to blow you up, it's not cricket to chuck it back'.

And as for touching live pyro, I've had a dodgy one go off in my hands and it wasn't a pleasant experience, even with gloves on.

You have played at every site in the world?

[/applause]

1) learn to read

2) learn to infer

3) learn to conclude

4) then we can talk discuss

and btw, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, thanks

and finally, i was only talking about all of the sites i have played at. i really would like to know which airsoft sites (if any) specifically allow players to pick up and return 'live' grenades. i suspect there are not many..

since Thunder Bs are not pyros, the only rule in the US sites i have played at was that you need gloves to handle them.

tnx for clearing that up, but what do the game rules say about incoming grenades or touching/moving other peoples stuff?

at all sites i've played at its been forbidden to touch/move an incoming grenade of whatever type (co2, disposible, reusable) or touch or move anyone elses gun/equipment. it seems both of these rules are quite normal. gameplay would be changed a lot if the 'defenders' were able to throw back incoming grenades at will.

also some people in the uk use the co2 type grenades and ive seen them sometimes take a minute or two to go bang. if anyone was allowed to move the grenade during this time 1) it would be unsporting. 2) overall it would encourage potential grenade users to 'cook off' their grenades before deploying them - something else which is pretty much a rule at most sites in the uk 'do not cook your grenades, activate it and get rid of it'

and btw, nothing i have said is a slight on the op who has already said that he acted without thinking, not ideal but hardly a hanging offence..

"

1) learn to read

2) learn to infer

3) learn to conclude

4) then we can talk discuss

and btw, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, thanks"

and finally, i was only talking about all of the sites i have played at. i really would like to know which airsoft sites (if any) specifically allow players to pick up and return 'live' grenades. i suspect there are not many.."

my bad you did say "most sites". However i read what you said,  "at all the sites i have played at" and "its about stoopid actions that are also specifically against the rules at most sites", so i infurred you were saying sites have that rule and its stupid to kick pyro. From that i concluded you have either played at "most sites", or are making a generalisation based on the sites you have played at. My comment was a flippant and sarcastic one, as a reaction to your sarcastic comment. It plays on the fact you say "all the sites i have played at", pushing that satement to the point of absurdity. Im sorry it missed its mark.

picking them up i would agree but kicking them ive been to a few places where pyros have been kicked, im not going to say its allowed but i never saw a marshall mention it.  I dont see anything wrong with it, unless you are booting them at someones face. After all one part of airsoft is realism and there are real life cases of throwing/kicking grenades. At worst you will scorch your boot. I dont really care if people have paid for them, i have payed to play and i have payed for my bb's, i dont complain when people move out the way. The only time i wouldnt kick pyro is if it was a dyno/co2 grenade and i could risk damaging it or it landing somewhere unretrievable.

edit; quote thing dissapeared

I've played at sites with a "no tamper" rule, and sites with a "no pick up" rule.

I find most forums have some members with very high horses. ;)

so what u'd like is a forum where u can say 'blah blah oh btw i cheated, chortle chortle' and what?  u expect everyone to pat u on the back?

well sir u certainly do deserve a pat on the back, if u'd just look in the next field there is a cow u can crawl under with my blessing.

and if i am on a high horse its bc of the copius amounts of drugs he is taking, hardly my fault chief.

enjoy ur day, my horse is sure enjoying his

Reminds me of an urban game a long while back.

I was defending the outside door of a building we had to hold, by tucking myself into a broom cupboard opposite the door across a large room. Grenades came in, but I just tucked into the cupboard, let 'em go off, and then carried on. This one grenade (BFG) comes sliding across the floor and stops right in the door of my cupboard. Now, I couldn't pick it up, so I just booted it (to get it away from my hidy hole), but as luck had it, it flew across the floor, and dropped out of the door it came in through, taking out a whole stack of the opposition. Good job it put 'em of attacking, cos I was laughing that much I'd have been naff all use! :D

exhibit a

changing the subject much? hit a nerve have i? ;)

back on topic, or at least concerning the part u've added.

how about u tell us exactly which site u were playing at when this miraculously funny maradonna 'hand of god' moment happened?

then we could all independently go check their site rules about touching or moving grenades for ourselves?

just saying   :busted_cop:

please list every site you have played at and a link to their rules page where it specifically says "do not kick or return lit pyro"

1)i have never touched/moved another players *suitcase* ingame and

2)i have never tried to avoid the consequences of such items,

so i dont have to comply with ur nonesense, i have nothing to prove.

however, all of the sites i have played at have had a breifing for new players to the site. during that briefing at every site the marshall or head marshall has specifically said

'do not return to active pyro'

'do not touch another players stuff without their permission'

'do not throw pyro back at the opposition'

those sites include, csw csu, sopley, copehill down, longmore, and a few others i cant remember bc it was too long ago.

Archived