I Threw Back A Live Thunder Bee

Simba4793

Ok then I will bring this down to your level and use own of my favourite videos (good old moments in Thunderbirds) to illustrate how I feel about your last post:

Form now on I will simply ignore what you put, seeing as you already have taken that stance with me, not being able to read any of the points I have made without acting like a sullen teenager.

'FireKnife'

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1) i'd like to refer you to my earlier point about this being a discussion forum not a popularity contest

2) who are you to tell me how to behave in a perfectly calm discussion about whatever? if u have a problem report me to a moderator. fireknife, you are not a moderator so please keep your suggestions on how you think i should behave to yourself. you are not the thought police, pls stfu, if only for 1 day..

See, I know for a fact that you aren't just posting to be confrontational and would only like to carry on with the discussion. But if you would allow me to give you friendly advice, the manner in which you write is incredibly difficult to read without the voice over of a stereotypical Afro-American having waaay too much sass. You might not mean it or maybe not even be aware of it, but it's there and most would find it unpleasant to say the least.

See, I know for a fact that you aren't just posting to be confrontational and would only like to carry on with the discussion. But if you would allow me to give you friendly advice, the manner in which you write is incredibly difficult to read without the voice over of a stereotypical Afro-American having waaay too much sass. You might not mean it or maybe not even be aware of it, but it's there and most would find it unpleasant to say the least.

thank you for your input mr cow, i enjoy your custom builds immensely. however my only criticism would be that i dont really like the 'tone' of your builds. i never really knew how to phrase it before so thanks again for giving me the opportunity to help you out.  

While it true to say this is a forum, not a popularity contest, it must also be said, when everybody tells you something, it takes a certain type of person not to realise that there's probably a modicum of truth in what they're saying.

So far, hotel kilo, you've spent more time arguing with people who confront you than actually making an independent input of your own.

Argumentative for the sake of it? It would certainly appear so.

Needless to say, I and one would suspect others, are becoming increasingly aware of your antics, and will be treating all your future posts appropriately.

TTFN. :)

Wow this thread is amazing...

OP you one lucky SOB saying that I did once pick a smoke up that I had Under arm Dropped a few metres short of where it should have been and then proceeded to under arm drop lob it slightly too far :(

This was sent from a Hudl*

lol im on team hotel kilo. not really looked in the arguments but I'd say the intuitive view would be not to pick up a live pyro. kicking it would be one option but I'd feel bad if it didn't go off - even if you do get duds. I remember at spec ops when a pyro didn't go off a marshall would come sort it out and arrange a refund

tbh the whole situation strikes me as one where its probably easier to take the hit and take 10 mins ;)

OP should've dived onto it to protect the VIP.*

*Disclaimer, this is not actual advice or my opinion, it'd be a stupid thing to do.

Oi, some "pretend" terrorist/freedom fighter paid for that, how dare you save the VIP by protecting them in such a way. Bang<sic> out of order!

*Disclaimer, I'm not being I entirely serious either. ;)

The funny thing is everyone here is talking about pretty much the same thing, however the language and inference is differing wildly. Most people agree that picking up a lit pyro grenade is not exactly the wisest of things to do. Doing so with Thunder B grenades carries less risk, but still...why bother? That appears to be the train of thought for most people.

The difference is some believe that it is cheating, grounded in the fact that certain sites do have it in their rules that interfering with lit pyro, or touching other peoples property ist verboten. Others do not believe it is cheating, due to certain sites not having it in their rules that interfering with a lit pyro, or touching other peoples property is forbidden. The two points cancel each other out, and is based solely on the site you play on.

The debate started around whether it is sporting to kick or throw back a grenade - some think it unsporting due to having spent money on the equipment, whilst others believe that using something in that manner is in itself unsporting i.e. introducing a potentially game changing device without suitable recourse for the opposition.

Everything else is pretty much waffle based upon disagreements with users (old grievances), posting style and generally internet BS. I think the debate on whether it is sporting is quite interesting. Whereas I do not believe it is inherently unsporting to 'return to sender', I do think that respect is in order for the fact that it is someone's property i.e. don't kick it like a penalty in Old Trafford; if you must kick it, nudge it so you're outside it's kill radius. Similarly as the original thrower of the grenade, when introducing a new element into the game you must be prepared for it not to go exactly how you planned - if you're not prepared for something to happen your equipment, then don't use it...not worth the risk!

Good Job OP! 

You saw an opportunity and took it! 

I was lucky enough to get a live thunder B out from an area that would of taken myself out and three other guys out a few days ago.  Even got it on camera. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PfJBOqEIrw  Guess this is unsporting to what a few of you in this thread would think.  But seriously who would let a live thunder b go off around them?  Kicking them is sure alot safe than picking one up though (obviously I'm not talking about TLSFX fun things) 

Site management states in the briefing that someone paid for the pyro, the least you can do is let them have the kill.

Now that IMO is plain silly. By the same logic opfor players shouldn't take cover as I've paid for my bbs so the least they can do is let me have the kill

As for sending pyros back to me if there is a site rule saying deployed pyros must no be touched/thrown back etc then fair enough. If you don't like the site rules then don't play there. If no such rules are in place then crack on but if you do loose a finger then you only have yourself to blame

I played at a site where you're not allowed to run away from pyro.

Does that only apply to pyro sold by management or just about any type of pyro? If that's the case, one could essentially go play with a sack full of cheap impact firecrackers (like TNT Pop-its, Pop Pop, Snappers etc.) and start spamming them about guaranteeing kills anywhere and everywhere. Who needs guns when you can be a ninja?

Bad_506239_1546274.gif

I'm assuming its so people see that pyro = kills and they sell more. Is that too pessimistic of me?

Personally, I feel that buying anything to use in game gives you the opportunity to attempt to gain a kill, not a guarantee of one. Otherwise, we may as well be playing a pointless cross between hide and seek and target practice.

The concept of "Don't kick it back/run away because someone paid for it" is insane.

I don't expect people to stand still while I shoot at them just because I paid for the BBs i'm firing, so why should I be expected to stand a take a grenade kill just to validate their purchase? If I see a grenade coming at me, I will run. I'll only sit there and take it if I have no option to get away from it. In much the same way, if someone sees me shooting at them, I kind of expect them to try to take cover!

On the topic of not picking up grenades that have been thrown, I agree entirely. I quite value the use of both hands and all of my fingers, so I will never pick up anything that will go bang shortly. I have so far avoided having to go to a hospital as a result of Airsoft, and I am quite happy to keep it that way! Kicking it away is a different matter entirely. My boots are more than capable of withstanding a Mk5 going off, and stuff like OShiBooms and BFGs are designed to hit things hard and survive, so booting it back the way it came won't be a problem.

This is probably now my favourite ever GIF.

This thread has been pretty amusing though. Apparently in the recent storm, Hotel Kilo clearly received a stick up his backside the size of a Californian Redwood. Carry on.

&  great movie too!

Archived