I Threw Back A Live Thunder Bee

Simba4793

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

My friend has a thunder B with the soon broken off, so I told him it works if you mash the hammer on something hard and chuck it. We're in a room at our local CQB and I call for him to throw it in some direction. He whips it out, gives it a tap on the floor, and wings it over the wall. It went off just as it cleared and he turns to look at me with these huge eyes. Laughs all around.

I've never heard that one before, do they give any reason?

Have played at a site where that was the case.

Reasons being, a few steps up is a lot closer to someones face, BFGs can bounce a bit and hit someone in the head, and people tend to panic and run from pyro causing slips/falls.

I've never heard that one before, do they give any reason?

I just thought this was the norm given that stairs can be death-traps when you have both hands on a gun and very rough steps.

In fact I do recall a site that forbid shooting on the stairwells, then again they were small, twisted and hard to negotiate (and I mean the steps here).

'FireKnife'

Also stairways make really easy to defend killzones ruining the flow, especially if you can drop/kick back pyro down them.

Thankfully at said site I mentioned they did add defendable barricades just after the stairs and multiple stairwells so it was impossible to defend them all at once unless the site was over-filled with players.

I recall at The Mall due to the potential 80-100 players running around it could lead to a lot of corridor pushing which could stall play. True pyro would clear that to a point but I wouldn't want to be the poor sod that scrambles away from pyro and falls down some stairs.

'FireKnife'

Fair enough, I didn't realise a bfg could bounce that much

I guess it's less of a "bounce", and more of a "flat out refusal to stop moving"

I know the old Dynatec ones hurt when they come down just a couple of steps and hit you, that's for sure. Learnt that one when I was being passed one to use at Upper Heyford.

(Damn I miss Upper Heyford)

Archived