• 2 weeks later...
At the very top of the forums there's even a search box you know. ;)

I might not change the search button, but I could invest some time in a system that remotely bashes peoples' noggins against the screen :)

That's the thing, someplaces, the search box is on top, and other places, it's on the buttom (when you go into a topic), and yet other places, there's no search box (when you just click on the "new post" button). Also the labels for the search boxes at different places are different, and it could be a bit confusing, especially to those of us who couldn't even use basic grammar and spelling correctly. :P

Of course, I can navigate through the forum and find my way to search button pretty easily now, but it may be a bit easier for the newbies to have a big red search button at the same place such as next to the "my controls" link. :)

Edited by Shao14

What I'm getting at is, some people look around for an answer. When they can't find it, they ask a polite, well-written question. The irritating noobs just post "Tell me whot is best m4," then post five minutes later going "why wont anyone anser mi qwestion???!!?!??!!" Twunts.

:zorro:

Perhaps having a comment in a red box on top of the page for adding new topics?

Before you post you may want to use the Search button to check that this thread or some very similar that may contain information you want does not already exist. Try the following:

• Use 'Advanced' search to narrow choices

• Use 'Thread Title only' option to narrow specifics

• Try different versions of the (gun, pistol or handgun are the same thing)

• Use your browsers page-search function to quickly browse pages (Ctrl-F)

search.jpg

If nothing is apparent then good luck and enjoy your new thread!

Ignore crappy MSPaint jpg :)

Edit: but making the quote box red for effect.

Edited by Psaldorn