VSS Vintorez released for distribution!

The Insider

Seeing that pic of the vss has put me off from wanting one , the plastic stock kills it for me .

Hope lct pulls it out of the bag at the last minute and makes a decent version of this gun. ,,

Going to go off and scrub my eyes with bleach to remove the image of the S&t vss from them ..

yahhh.. is good.

Put half a dozen mags through it on saturday, and got some good hits....  maybe a few more "yeps" under 10 meters...than i'm used to,  so it is a bit too hot for CQB. but had some good range shots to.

hop up had some warm up to it...  on occasion its stream of full auto burst for several seconds... would shoot low, then on target... then hop high
And i had to adjusted several times that day... which was easy.  but i was also using several weights of ammo.
both .25 and .3 and a 11.1v 1100 stock tube battery giving it a good rof,
Spider scope and just used a MS4 to sling through the stock like a short 1 point. .

But I'm change out the rubber and get a tight bore shortly anyways so that should hopefully... hit the hop-up reset button.

Other issues I'm not really concerned about...
selector switch very tight.  probably a good thing.
only have one mag and is annoying to... go back to hicaps.... so which I guess was my biggest *badgeress* . lol

so will be awaiting mid caps... although that could be a tall order.
I guess I better get another hicap, just in case.
And quickly noted the outer barrel / silencer is going to get scratched up...  so i might as well age it my self now... ;)
and that's about it...

i'll open her up to explore the barrel shortly.

adhpQ5hc.jpg
abn1xyZZ.jpg
abi7yuDF.jpg
acprT1ru.jpg
abvulJU2.jpg
abhK7S6y.jpg

I think it looks okay for what it is.

I mean they're bringing out about a half dozen VSS/VALs atm so quite why you guys are moaning I have no idea. Seriously, spare a thought for those of us whose dream airsoft replicas have barely gotten a nod from manufacturers - like a BREN etc.

I had a fondle of The Insider's VSS on that day - the hop-up rubber definitely needs replacement as it was "warming up" on full auto before it started applying consistent hop.

Happily, it looks like the hop-up unit is a DBOYs AK unit (clear plastic with a slider arm which adjusts at the back rather than the front) so replacements should be easy as pie.

Personally, I like it. Even though it's not 100% accurate to the real steel, it's a damn sight better than anything else at the moment. If the KA or G&G or LCT come out and are more accurate to the real one at a comparible price, then huzzah. Until then, I think everyone should stop whining.

Seriously, when you have drums, pallets and tires as barrades, you might as well be playing speedball...

Hong Kong, I'm afraid. I get where you are coming from, but all of the fields in HK are just drums, dead cars, tire stacks and pallets, shoved into an area less than 100m square and used for team deathmatch.

I yearn for some better sites, but with the land prices in HK rocketing (over 70% increase in only 4 years) there's not likely to be a renaissance anytime soon.

Personally I think it looks fine for what it is. Lets be honest its 90% VSS, and 100% better looking than the AK conversions everyone has done. If they happen to be substantially cheaper than the LCT or KA versions then I'll pick one up, compatibility with existing parts is a huge plus also.

• 2 weeks later...

excluding the wood stock... It is like 98% VSS.

Lower body and outer barrel are aluminum ally. 
The prototype receiver was handcrafted by fong from gunners.
And.. the dude knows his guns. Took him a whole week. lol.

Also apparently the cylinder-head and or nozzle are not standard V3 gearbox.

• 2 months later...

Archived