BOLT M4A1 Internals

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Evening everyone, Thanks to FTZ-WildeCard, I have a BOLT M4 gearbox open on my desk at the moment in need of a little fixing. As there's very very little information about these things around, I've p

I have same opinion here. It is really nice and fun gun to shoot, but not worth of it's price tag... I paid 400€ for this gun, for that money I could buy really good gun that works well OTB.   Wires

They use standard AEG front ends and pistol grips.  Only the buffer tube and end plate are proprietary IIRC.  Bolt gearboxes won't fit into standard receivers without removal of the bolt plate mech an

I certainly wouldn't pay the full retail price of the BOLT if i had the choice.

As far as other BOLT issues than the ones mentioned on internals...The faux moving bolt smashed itself off it's hook so that doesn't work on mine. I no longer have a faux bolt plate. To be honest, it was deforming itself against the ejection port anyway. On my brother's SR47 the plate is extremely deformed and I expect it'll probably snap off soon, too. Ejection port cover doesn't close properly either.

Pretty minor stuff, but for near the same price an ERG could be bought or a second hand recoil shock rifle.

If they dropped the BOLT down to £250 - £299 it'd be less of a pain to buy, but not worth it at £320++.

• Like 1

I echo others, if you want good recoil AEG, get either TM or PTS.

Bolt is nice, but too expensive for what you get.

It is not a bad gun at all, my one have good accuracy and range, recoil is nice and all. But for same price you can get something better, hopefully.

Yea I guess my experience is alittle skewed. I got mine from  a friend who was trying to start a airsoft business and he like one of the first guys to get them in the states. BOLT messed him up pretty bad though with botched orders (some people waiting months after paying) and in the end I got a "founders price" and because it took so long I didn't even get the original B4A1 but the later SOPMOD version. I paid quite a bit below retail for the B4A1 when I first paid and got the more expensive SOPMOD in the end anyway. 

I found Bolt B4 on a polish site, over there the price is 360 euros and free shipping, so it`s cheaper than the KWA in the UK. The problem with the PTS is that it has all of that Magpul all over it, and my team is kinda reenacting a unit that doesn`t carry Magpul. And the problem with the Marui is that it`s too damn expensive. The prices overall in the UK are quite a bit higher so buying from an UK store is out of the question.

For now I think I`ll just take a G&G gun, and wait for all eternity for damn RS to release their M4s one day in the next 3 years hopefully :).

Thanks for all of your help guys!

Is it free shipping to the UK though? Doubt it will be. And you'll almost certainly pay import fees. PTS is cheaper. KWA are due to release a standard Colt styled RM4 that has the battery in the stock. So maybe wait for that? Should be out within the next few months I reckon, or at least I hope!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

On a quick sidenote (question), if I may :).

The guns in question:

http://www.guay2.com/web/gt_product/g4cqb_r.php?lang=en

http://www.guay2.com/web/gt_product/TR16CL.php?lang=en

Does anyone know if these two guns have the same internals (aka same quality) or could there be a difference? At my local supplier it says the TR4 has a 6.04 barrel, and the TR16 has 6.03 (for example) and some other differences in favor of the TR16.

If I?m really pushing my luck here with the question, would you be so kind to redirect me to the proper thread?

Thanks!

Edited by JedimiNjoke

On a quick sidenote (question), if I may :).

The guns in question:

http://www.guay2.com/web/gt_product/g4cqb_r.php?lang=en

http://www.guay2.com/web/gt_product/TR16CL.php?lang=en

Does anyone know if these two guns have the same internals (aka same quality) or could there be a difference? At my local supplier it says the TR4 has a 6.04 barrel, and the TR16 has 6.03 (for example) and some other differences in favor of the TR16.

If I?m really pushing my luck here with the question, would you be so kind to redirect me to the proper thread?

Thanks!

If they've both been manufactured at roughly the same time (so that they fall into the same "generation") then they should be identical internally. I think the Nickel-plated 6.03mm barrels that G&G use aren't as good/accurate as their 6.04 brass barrels, but changing barrel is the work of a moment so I wouldn't worry about it much.

If they're from different generations the differences will be slight, parts that may be different are; inner barrel, wiring, motor, battery connectors and possibly MOSFET (the Gen3 G&G rifles should all have MOSFETs now). If the gun is really really old (3 years+) then it'll have the older, inferior sintered steel rather than machined steel gears. If the Rifle has a neodymium-magnet motor with a bright blue endbell then it's definitely Gen.2 or newer, which is the easiest way to check.

• 1 month later...

How does the recoil on this compare to the kwa erg or the tokyo marui

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have no experience with the KWA ERG.

Compared to a stock Marui Recoil M4, the Bolt M4 has more overall displacement, but the recoil weight is buffered by springs back and forth, so there's less of a sharp "jump" when the recoil weight hits home. Effectively, the Bolt "lazily" lurches backwards and forwards under firing, while the Marui Recoil lurches backwards and then slams forwards.

I prefer the feeling of the TM Recoil M4, but the feeling of the Bolt is quite nice.

How does the recoil on this compare to the kwa erg or the tokyo marui

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can speak for the Bolt and the ERG. The bolt to me at least feels like a heavy motion but not as quick to cycle while the ERG has a snappy jolt but doesn't feel like it's carrying the weight as far. In my area Bolt's are often used in favor of ERG for people trying to replicate real AR15 since they can get the feeling of the recoil and fire rate more in sync than with the ERG.

However I feel my ERG is overall a better preforming gun in every way. Everything feels more solid.