James Bond; Hot & Not

Danke

I think it's about Bond, an iconic literary figure and you can either enjoy him for what he is via plan A) or put on your nanny hat and tell everyone what a naughty boy he is via plan B).

Which you pick depends on what sort of bloke you are or aren't.

First this was the fifties when Bond was made, everyone had burgers with cigars on top and drank whiskey as water was for those 'fancy men'.

Bond is a sign of his times and to judge him but modern standards is like saying Shakespeare isn't relevant as it is from the 'old days' :P.

Plus I am sorry but no person can look at the Connery era Bond and not think he is not cool for his time, even die-hard feminists couldn't say that.

Silly doctor people, why don't they spend time doing real research?

'FireKnife'

I was hoping all the research was a bit of a joke and they really didn't spend that much time on it or take it seriously .

Anyway. He's a fictional character.  Functioning alcoholic or not.  Bond is a badass. 

I rest my case.

Wapanese Bond. Case reopened.

It's in the book, it was taken wrongly by the guys in the late 60s and is the first of the Bond films to not follow the majority of the book it is based on?

That for me sums it up. Connery is still a legend and makes many a film win just because he is in it :P.

Now cue the music and the .38spl gun barrel.

'FireKnife'

The problem with Bond is that he became a parody of himself, and Roger Moore is to blame. I liked Roger Moore as bond, but it just became too farcical to be satirical.

What I would love to see is a new Bond movie directed, or at least written, by Joss Whedon - he has an innate ability to acknowledge the ridiculousness with comic relief in a way that adds to the experience as opposed to detracting. His work on Buffy and Angel as primary examples (I mean the particular episodes he directed, as opposed to the many he just oversaw). I think that would bring back the return of Bond to glory, as opposed to the unknown area of gritty unrealistic realism :D

Just rub some stem cells on Sean Connery, and get him back in the saddle!

Silly doctor people, why don't they spend time doing real research?

'FireKnife'

Sung in the tune of cheese shop

Hi, Doctors, cured cancer now have we?

Well no; not really.

Ok fair enough that's a bit of a toughie, how about the common cold fixed that up now?

No, but we'll start on it next week.

Ok how about allergies, hair loss, or diabetes?

No but we've done some really cracking research on a fictional characters bad habits.

No much of a doctor now are you?

Suddenly I wish I could watch all the Connery films during winter break.

Well that is what I plan to do, well the official ones that is :P.

Though seeing as I have until the 3rd of January off I might have to watch the rest too.

However as for Bond given that Connery didn't want to keep playing him as he didn't like the character it was ripe for Moore parody time.

'FireKnife'

The way political correctness is going , bond will end up as a vegan , not so secret agent , who does the washing up , hoovering , school run before going to other country's to lecture villains on how wrong it is to be bad to people, or create green issues , will probably issue them with an asbo / fixed penalty and then go home to his live in , civil partnership companion . .

Some things are best left the way they were made ..

The way political correctness is going , bond will end up as a vegan , not so secret agent , who does the washing up , hoovering , school run before going to other country's to lecture villains on how wrong it is to be bad to people, or create green issues , will probably issue them with an asbo / fixed penalty and then go home to his live in , civil partnership companion . .

Some things are best left the way they were made ..

Have you seen any of the Craig Bonds?

Joss Whedon would have bond as a quivering freck and have a hot woman, who can also beat up any man, be the hero. That's his trick, make the men morons and the women the men (as in the old sexist view that man is the only one who can save the planet and that women are to be rescued).

He's a bit of a one trick pony and his range is very limited (everyone is a wise cracking comedian and women are either tough or lesbians).

Archived