Micro Chest Rigs?

bobthebuilder

I've recently become interested in the micro chest rigs. Small chest rigs that just take a few mags, a small amount of utility gear, and that's it.
However, I'm having trouble finding one that's available over here. or indeed, available at all. Especially since I want to run it with G3 mags.

So far, I've found:

• the 5.11 chest rig, which has been discontinued, and seems to no longer be in stock anywhere
  • the OSOE .380 micro rig, which is expensive and would have to be imported from the US.
  • the Hayley strategic D3CR, and it's clones, which are for 5.56 mags

Short of going down the custom route, does anyone know of other makes/models?
Either G3 compatible, or modular so I could fit my own mag pouches.

The blue force gear ten speed SR-25 rig. It'll hold three mags and you have some molle panels on either side if you need additional pouches.

I had one and when not in use it would fit in the cargo pocket on my trousers. Double you'll find one lighter and smaller. They are very good and also available from tactical kit

http://www.tactical-kit.co.uk/blue-force-gear-ten-speed-sr25--762-chest-rig-tsp-chestrig-sr25-12339-p.asp

I made my own rig from a TMC costa leg rig, some webbing and "spares bin" pouch. Easy, cheap and I can carry a nice ammount of mags and/or the radio

BfyvoY7.jpg

Not as fancy, dedicated or strong as a real deal one, but in a light skirmish gets the job done perfectly and I can carry M4/AK/MP5 mags

Archived