Cost effective starter hangun?

Captain Leisure

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I found that both STTI and ASG mags make my TM MK23's nozzle stick, causing a misfeed. I think one can make a case for a TM MK23 as a cost effective starter gun. It's expensive to buy, but with the savings in gas and parts(versus a GBB) you can quickly recoup your investment. The performance is stellar, comes with case, LAM and working silencer.

I had a discussion a while back where i insisted that STTI and ASG's MK23's where the same gun rebranded for 2 companies. Ended up going to our local shop that had both in stock. Compared side by side they are quite literally the same gun.

Speaking of NBBs, I have a KWC SP2022 NBB, which gets about 150-200 shots out of one CO2 cartridge. 

Each mag only holds 15 rds, so I have 3. :D 

I've dropped my SP2022 on hard ground before and the front of the slide came off the rails. 

I just snapped it back into place and "*suitcase* was cash," as the cool kids say.

I paid about $35 for the gun and a little over $25 for each for the mags. 

CO2 cartridges cost about $17.96 + tax for a 40 pack from Walmart.

I love my SP2022.  CHeap, good fun.

I love my SP2022.  CHeap, good fun.

NBB pistols in general are way underated, i see the kiddies running around with those cheap springer shotguns and think they would be better off having gotten a NBB pistol.

How hard is yours shooting? the problem with NBB CO2 pistols tends to be way too much velocity.

NBB pistols in general are way underated, i see the kiddies running around with those cheap springer shotguns and think they would be better off having gotten a NBB pistol.

How hard is yours shooting? the problem with NBB CO2 pistols tends to be way too much velocity.

I read on yahoo answers that it shoots about 300 fps according to shortusa.com.

I use 0.25 bbs though, so I guess my FPS would be 270-300?

Getting shot with it from 5 meters isn't that painful at all.

I found that both STTI and ASG mags make my TM MK23's nozzle stick, causing a misfeed. I think one can make a case for a TM MK23 as a cost effective starter gun. It's expensive to buy, but with the savings in gas and parts(versus a GBB) you can quickly recoup your investment. The performance is stellar, comes with case, LAM and working silencer.

I had a discussion a while back where i insisted that STTI and ASG's MK23's where the same gun rebranded for 2 companies. Ended up going to our local shop that had both in stock. Compared side by side they are quite literally the same gun.

Re: sticky nozzle.

I disassembled the mags and reseated the mag seals, then gave them a light grease.

Running Madbul .43s without needing to tweak the hop :)

• 2 weeks later...

Any one running clone mk23s, be aware that like most TM mags the mk23 was designed to be loaded with bbs from the bottom of the slot with the magazine follower held at the bottom.

On the clone mags this molded gap if badly formed and needs opening up with a needle file or dremel.

The feed lips on clone mags are very brittle and break a lot if you fill the mag with bbs by clicking them in through the feed lips.

I modified my sons clone mags in about 20 seconds with careful use of the side of a dremel cutting disc this gives a nice smooth and straight surface.

Jim

Archived