Sewing machine for Custom gear?

Multicam_Pegasus

Hi people, I know a lot of users here make their own equipment here (I make my own carbon fiber holsters and belt mag holsters) but I've recently had a good sort out of gear and sold a lot of it to our operators who run close security for us. Now I don't need this equipment to be fully battle ready because I have a true LBT 6094A for that.

For airsoft/MilSim I spend a decent amount on equipment (and use my Real deal stuff) and half of the time its ill-fiting or more than I really use. So I think I wold prefer something custom. So what sewing machines do people use for their custom gear?

I have an old industrial Singer machine from the early to mid 1960s and I will stand by it's strength and ability to sow quality stitches with the correct thread. Since it is quite old, it does not have a lot of the frills that a new machine may have, but it has not let me down on any of my projects(mostly stitching leathers and vynils for classic car interiors).

Of course, there are Singers that go for quite a lot of money, mostly the industrial strength machines, but I was lucky enough to score one for a very low price on Craigslist.

I use a 118yr old hand cranked singer I picked up from the free ads for a tenner . In the 6yrs I've had it I've made 11 complete rigs and I've genuinely lost count of the number of pouches/slings/belts and god knows what other custom little nic knacks I've sewn for mates .

Keep in mind that you will also have to get ahold of quality needles or else you will not be able to sow anything well, even with a fantastic machine and great thread.

Needles are often overlooked or even forgotten about when buying sowing gear.

Archived