GHK M4 GBBR - available after Chinese New Year

hitmanNo2

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still deciding...I'm torn between this and the marui gbbr.... Its one way or the other because the mags are a killer on the wallet. I need at least 5-6 mags

Yea, Tell me about it... Bought the ghk with 6 extra mags. With import tax and shipping it was over 1100 USD total. Most ive ever spent on a stock gun with mags.

Yea, Tell me about it... Bought the ghk with 6 extra mags. With import tax and shipping it was over 1100 USD total. Most ive ever spent on a stock gun with mags.

You only live once.

Question is, was it worth it?

As for the Marui, with their track record, it could be another year before we see release. Its likely to perform well, but weather they can work some Marui magic or not, only time will tell!

You only live once.

Question is, was it worth it?

As for the Marui, with their track record, it could be another year before we see release. Its likely to perform well, but weather they can work some Marui magic or not, only time will tell!

Only time will tell, If it performs as it does now for a Long time without issues, my answer is yes^^

I can't work out if I want one or not! Or to spend the money on some pimping out of my WE...or switch to KWA..or wait for Marui to release theirs....ARGH I HATE AIRSOFT! :)

That's GBBR's for you. EVERY single design is flawed in some way or another (and I've worked on all of them - GHK is sitting here waiting to be taken apart and examined :) ) - If someone could take the best points of each design and combine the lot they'd be on to a winner!

**edit**. I fully expect there to be at least one flaw with the TM (my definition of flaw includes "uses lots of proprietary parts that cannot be swapped with real ones and cant be gotten hold of for love nor money as spares")

That's GBBR's for you. EVERY single design is flawed in some way or another (and I've worked on all of them - GHK is sitting here waiting to be taken apart and examined :) ) - If someone could take the best points of each design and combine the lot they'd be on to a winner!

**edit**. I fully expect there to be at least one flaw with the TM (my definition of flaw includes "uses lots of proprietary parts that cannot be swapped with real ones and cant be gotten hold of for love nor money as spares")

A very good point. Thats why I chose WE originally, usable out of the box, but also the biggest aftermarket support. New alternative steel bolt coming from Angry Gun soon too.

However, very interested to see how well the GHK is built and performs vs WE and other WA platforms.

Just had a play with this little one, action feels a little rough (when cocked manually), but cycles beautifully! It's a bit hot on Nuprol 2 (I got 370, down to 330 by the end of a fairly fast fired full mag), I've yet to try it on any other gasses though.

A very good point. Thats why I chose WE originally, usable out of the box, but also the biggest aftermarket support. New alternative steel bolt coming from Angry Gun soon too.

However, very interested to see how well the GHK is built and performs vs WE and other WA platforms.

WE aren't supported too badly by the aftermarket companies, but you can get a helluva lot more for the WA derived designs than you can for the WE. I'm just hoping that an AG bolt will be as good as their barrels, not as ###### poor as their M-4 recoil kits (AWFUL things!). It would be nice to have a bolt that's not made from low quality soft steel! (the RA-Tech).  

As to performance of the GHK, having banged a few mags through it already, it's up there with a sorted ViperTech in my opinion, though i'm not sure if I like the Hop-up system as much as the 2012 VT - but it's streets ahead of the Inokatsu! 

WE aren't supported too badly by the aftermarket companies, but you can get a helluva lot more for the WA derived designs than you can for the WE. I'm just hoping that an AG bolt will be as good as their barrels, not as ###### poor as their M-4 recoil kits (AWFUL things!). It would be nice to have a bolt that's not made from low quality soft steel! (the RA-Tech).  

As to performance of the GHK, having banged a few mags through it already, it's up there with a sorted ViperTech in my opinion, though i'm not sure if I like the Hop-up system as much as the 2012 VT - but it's streets ahead of the Inokatsu!

Still, there is plenty of aftermarket options for the WE, with more coming all the time. Whereas I find a lot of WA stuff is out of stock/maybe not in production anymore? Would be nice to see how compatible the GHK is with some of them though, namely things like charging handles etc

Back to the GHK, any chance of any internal shots of the hop system? Rating it up there with the Viper Tech, is a bit subjective. Depends how highly you rate VT :). One of you early owners needs to get an in-depth review/first impressions done :D

Luckily there's more coming all the time, as some of what we're currently offered is pretty shocking. Take the FCG for example, the RA-Tech ones depart from the original design and use low quality steel, the TSC ones are hard steel but incredibly poorly machined, the Haephestus ones have a truly awful surface finish on the sear surfaces so you get an awful trigger pull. The CWI ones are the best by far, but sadly the valve lock set they do is for CB, not OB, and the edges of the trigger are neither chamfered or rounded off so they're a bit harsh on the trigger finger after a while :-/

As to Hop-up systems, i've got several WOC's turning up soon, so when i've got time i'll strip them all out and do a side-by-side comparison between G&P, VT 2012, GHK and Inok - puts things in context then! VT stuff could be a bit hit n miss in the past, but with the recent incarnation of them if you wanted the best WA-derived system out of the box then a 2012 Inok was your best bet. I think that GHK, however, might have just nicked that spot on the podium from them now - and at a FAR better price. 

YOU HAVE IT IN STOCK AND YOU DIDNT TELL ME?!?!?!?! We will be having words next time I'm in store!! M870 parts have arrived btw! 

Errrr, ooops!

Cool, drop them by any we'll get it back on the road, anyway, back on topic...

Anyone else feel the action was a little rough? Like 2 textured surfaces rubbing together?

Luckily there's more coming all the time, as some of what we're currently offered is pretty shocking. Take the FCG for example, the RA-Tech ones depart from the original design and use low quality steel, the TSC ones are hard steel but incredibly poorly machined, the Haephestus ones have a truly awful surface finish on the sear surfaces so you get an awful trigger pull. The CWI ones are the best by far, but sadly the valve lock set they do is for CB, not OB, and the edges of the trigger are neither chamfered or rounded off so they're a bit harsh on the trigger finger after a while :-/

As to Hop-up systems, i've got several WOC's turning up soon, so when i've got time i'll strip them all out and do a side-by-side comparison between G&P, VT 2012, GHK and Inok - puts things in context then! VT stuff could be a bit hit n miss in the past, but with the recent incarnation of them if you wanted the best WA-derived system out of the box then a 2012 Inok was your best bet. I think that GHK, however, might have just nicked that spot on the podium from them now - and at a FAR better price.

Then you use the RAT valve lock set and CWI FCG. Simple :)

The RAT full set has never given me any problems though personally.

The ghk looks very similar in the FCG department to the WA system, except the bolt catch?

one of the key differences between the GHK Design and the Traditional WA design is that the selector pin comes from the pistol grip -- kind of like a real AR-15. But it's a modified GHK edition. The trigger also has an extra spring that pushes against the hammer -- haven't determined why yet, and the bolt catch (carrier catch) actuates a separate steel piece to come up and stop the carrier. Interesting design. The catch itself is made out of steel, so is that extra piece as well too. The piece kind of indents inward so that releasing the catch is actually a bit tough. (it actually feels like a real AR-15 when you release it -- or at least it takes the same force to release the catch)

Archived