GHK M4 GBBR - available after Chinese New Year

hitmanNo2

80 shots, so 2 mags worth? Was hoping for at least 2.5 mags worth...

Thanks for the videos, much appreciated.

Seems like the major improvements over a standard WA design are in the bolt catch, and mags so far then.

Yet to see any really comparisons/improvements in the bolt/nozzle, or what the hop is like.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude how do you mean you have yet to see any real improvements in nozzle? The effeciency of the mag dump video is all due to the nozzle design, there are countless videos of WA guns using new ghk mags (mostly g5, same mag essentially) and performing no where near what you have seen, it's not just the magazine, it's the fact that they are designed to work together.

One of the poorest aspect of this gun / magazine, is that the M4 magazines come with floor plates that are made out of what appears to be thin sheets of cheese (I'm guessing low carbon steel / iron), you could bend it with you fingers by accident while putting them back in, they are incredibly malleable, I bought a bunch of RS Magpul ranger plates for STANAG mags which are on their way, going to see if they can be made to fit, otherwise I'll replace all floor plates with real ones..  

I didn't mean to say it was bad, just that I'd not really seen much of it.

Most interested to see the hop system now, to see how well it can handle a .3

If the design is solid enough, then I could live with the fact that I couldn't adjust it with a free float rail installed.

Just to confirm with everyone, real steel sling plate fits... no filing, no forcing, not too loose, just perfect, the little notch goes perfectly into the slot, and the bit the sticks out on the sling plate towards the receiver side also matches perfectly into the receiver. 

20140827-233157.jpg

Just to confirm with everyone, real steel sling plate fits... no filing, no forcing, not too loose, just perfect, the little notch goes perfectly into the slot, and the bit the sticks out on the sling plate towards the receiver side also matches perfectly into the receiver. 

20140827-233157.jpg

Nice to know. Have you tried any other WA parts like charging handles etc to see what else is compatible?

For what it's worth, I paid £490 after tax and delivery, including 4 extra mags, as much as I'm a fan of PAS you likely won't match the price, of course the difference is that you'd get the support of PAS if you bought it off them, and unlike the other London shop(s), they're more than happy to help instead of acting like you have wronged their ancestors. 

Re:Origin

I can only confirm myself real steel pistol grip and sling mount fit without any issues, haven't tested anything else yet. 

20140827-233157.jpg

The Noveske one might, but there's no absolute guarantee that others wont need minor fettling - there's quite a variation in designs. For example, i've never had any probs fitting real Daniel Defense ones to a plethora of different GBBRs, but Fortis Manufacturing ones tend to need a little bit of filing. 

**edited, repeatedly, due to terrible SPG**

Yeah, different manufacturers often have slightly different specs. To the point where many front sites from manufacturer A wont fit a barrel from manufacturer B. Happens all the time.

I have a RS sight on my WE M4 for example but I don't know the manufacturer. I only know I took it off a real barrel. Yet when I tried to fit other RS sights, the pin locations were off slightly.

Took mine to a game last night... Tac city... What a joke... Here's an advice: don't ever go to tac city in irwindale/Baldwin park in California. Nobody call their hits. Then people pretending to be out shooting others. Other than that, gun performed great! Gotta fix a leak in my g5 mag...

I did purchase the 1J bolt from samoon.

I can never decide if I envy you guys in the US or not, on one hand you have extremely easy access to awesome parts / accessories / optics at very low costs, but on the other hand, from my shallow understanding from looking on YouTube, airsoft events you guys have just look a little too... "organised", almost paintball-like. 

Anyway, that's way off topic. Another news, as already previously confirmed a long time ago by L2E, recently bought some Magpul ranger plates for stanag mags, fits the GHK mags easily with no mod very securely. 

I can never decide if I envy you guys in the US or not, on one hand you have extremely easy access to awesome parts / accessories / optics at very low costs, but on the other hand, from my shallow understanding from looking on YouTube, airsoft events you guys have just look a little too... "organised", almost paintball-like. 

Anyway, that's way off topic. Another news, as already previously confirmed a long time ago by L2E, recently bought some Magpul ranger plates for stanag mags, fits the GHK mags easily with no mod very securely.

How are you finding the platform now, after more time with it?

It's not been given as much attention as I'd expected, either because the TM is what the majority are waiting for, or just because it's a GBBR..

It's probably because it's just a GBBR, but for me it's a pretty huge storm, everyone I know who's into GBBRs IRL have bought one. 

Annoying I still can't give a proper update, it's my favorite gun at the moment, but I haven't used it in a game yet, I went to a game 2 weekends ago, but couldn't bring this one because it was just way overpowered and my efforts to reduce fps failed, and I'm going to another game next weekend (which by then Samoon's 1J bolt should have arrived), but it's a TM next-gen game only! :(

1J bolt arrived, it's late and I live in an urban flat so I can't really test it extensively, fired 12 rounds on semi, with 0.25bbs (all I use), and it chronos between 295-304, I also received a CO2 mag, which I suspect would be even louder, so won't test it until another time. But I'm most excited with Devilhunter's mod, got some KJW M9 fill valve on the way, and already own a paintball tank, so will see how that goes. 

Archived