GHK M4 GBBR - available after Chinese New Year

hitmanNo2

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got my forged set in and only had a few minutes to open and compare before heading out to a family event.  So far:

1.  Upper receiver threads are AR15 spec, NOT AEG spec...excellent!

2.  Buffer tube threads are still AR15 spec...still good.

3.  Trigger guard holes line up with trigger guards, which is good b/c the WE forged lower's holes were too close together requiring trigger guard surgery...excellent!

4.  Judging with just my eye next to GHK upper, the length of the uppers are the same...meh.

5.  GHK upper will not fit RAT lower or vise versa without two modifications (bolt catch/firing pin assembly clearance cut on upper and rear lug modification)...disappointed.

Fit and finish look great...that's all I got for now.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh no there's nothing wrong with the AAC300, it's gorgeously built and fairly priced.

I'm just baffled by some of their choice of what to include and what to exclude in their challenge kits, they exclude bits which won't help you build a functioning gun if you don't have a donor gun, and include bits that if you do have a donor gun, will end up having duplicate of...

• 4 months later...

So i got one of the recoil kits from samoon that has a stiffer spring and a heavier weight The recoil is nice, response is snappy, follow-up shots quicker. However, I found that over time this comes at the expense of a more prone-to-fail bolt catch (even with shaving and modding) and lower gas efficiency. Anyone else put in the recoil kit and opted back to the original set up? Im debating...

I came back from a game just this Sunday with the Samoon spring and a heavier real steel recoil buffer, worked flawlessly, here's what I had to do. I had a problem with the solid heavier Samoon buffer in that I believe the extra force of the spring and the solid weight was causing bolt bounce, resulting in a secondary light strike (the bounce was enough to actually push the hammer back and let it go lightly) occasionally or double feed (return loads one BB, bolt bounce goes far back enough for the nozzle to clear the BB and load another). The real steel buffer worked I believe due to its inner weight that eliminated the bolt bounce (like lead shot "dead blow" mallets.)

*just realised I didn't answer your question at all as you didn't experience those problem... well I'll leave it out there anyway :P My bolt catching is still holding okay at the moment despite the new weight / spring, but undoubtedly it would increase wear, but I've probably gone through a good 3000 rounds and it's holding okay..

lol it's all good. That's interesting account and may be useful in the future. Yeah, sometimes (if the bolt decides to lock), inserting a fresh mag forces the bolt to slam foward. A muscle memory nightmare that i do not want to get myself accustomed to ... 

That was happening to a friends GHK. Examining the bolt and catch they both started to look mangled but only half way their engagement height. True enough, the catch didn't go all the way up being pushed by an empty mag's follower. The mangled parts weren't so much as chewed but extruded outwards so I carefully tapped the parts back to form with a hammer and finished lightly with a file. I then glued a 1.5mm thick spacer (used metal but any stiff material will do) underneath the bolt catch as is commonly done on WEs so that the mag will push it up higher. True enough, the catch engages fully and with an increased surface area of the two parts coming together, wear is mitigated.

• 4 months later...

What weight of bb do people recommend using for outdoor woodland games with the 1j nozzle fitted? Will 0.28g be sufficient or should i be going heavier ? 

For me personally, I would start from left to right on your budget..

.3-.32 with maple leaf diamond rubber, 70 degree, inner barrel choice would be a Prometheus EG 6.03 inner barrel.

Hi guys. I've had my ghk for a while now and I've been having an issue with range.

I've tried .2, .25 and .3g BBs. Tried replacing the hop rubber with another stock rubber (mine looked like it had a tiny split in it which I thought might be the cause), cleaned and lubed with murder oil many times.

I'm running on co2 mags with the 1j bolt from samoon.

My range is limited to a Max range of 15-20m if I'm lucky and accuracy is almost non existent.

Anyone got any suggestions?

What kind of range are you guys getting?

Thanks,

Dan.

Archived