GHK M4 GBBR - available after Chinese New Year

hitmanNo2

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My WE SCAR also works sub-10c... so does my teammate's WE G39... but not even remotely in the same league as GHK's G5 / AK series... there's "oh yeah it kinda still works, I can play with it", to... I can just use this normally as if it's an AEG... which is what the GHK new systems fall under... you have to see it to believe it.. when everyone's TM pistols are barely working, the look on people's faces when some guy with a G5 is happily plinking away in the safe zone with full auto when everyones' venting is a great force of conversion. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It would be sweet if the internals are slim enough to slide into RS Pmag shells without too much work.

That would be nice but I doubt that. Judging from the pics,

it seems that the internals are of about the same size like the old ones.

They just changed to a one-piece die cast design with integrated gas reservoirs,

instead of the alloy tubes. ..could be even harder to convert like before..

DOC

Looking forward to this when it's released. Considering I can quite happily magdump with my G5 in -5deg weather (As cold as it's going to get probably, in the UK at least) I've got no reason to believe the M4 won't be as capable. The modularity of the M4 probably means I'll be selling the G5.

Some more info about the "new" HopUp:

The all-brand new design M4 GBB hop-up system

The performance is different between semi and auto mode.
This time GHK will bring user a newly hop-up design, which is as good as AEG.

Features: 
1. Precise M4 inner barrel. (diameter 6.03mm) 
2. The original setting is no need to adjust hop-up.
With 0.25g~0.3g bb plus 300mm inner barrel, can reach at least 50M. (Turn to the red circle part as arrow direction)
3. It also can adjust hop-up.

@GHK / 2014-01-23

http://samoon.com.tw/0123-message-ghk-m4

DOC

Some more info about the "new" HopUp:

http://samoon.com.tw/0123-message-ghk-m4

DOC

So, if I'm reading that correctly:

The hop is set so by default, without adjusting, it can hop .25-.3g BBs optimally, so they can reach a good distance. There's a plastic nub on the adjustment dial to mark this sweet spot. But then there's also the option to adjust the hop for heavier/lighter weights? That's a really cool idea if so.

It doesn't look THAT impressive to be honest... Cooldown looks no better or worse than a KWA/WA/WE system gun.

I'm mainly interested in which parts are compatible with the WA system and if they offer any advantages, the hop system springs to mind. It'll be nice to have a source of decent mags again as well, as much as I love my Pmags I'd like some STANAGs to go with them.

Thing is, as great as GHK's G5 and the mags for it are, it's a small, PDW sized bolt carrier. GHK are using a steel carrier, and it's close to a full size M4 job.

As much as I'd love to see a cold-proof M4 GBBR, nobody can break physics.

Realistically, I'm hoping this leads to;

At least some WA compatible parts and spares.

GHK Re-releasing much improved Co2 mags that don't get the capsules stuck.

More gas guns on the field, as I imagine the GHK M4 should be reasonably priced and good to go out the box, like the G5.

*edit*

I think the general gist here is a lot of people are hoping to see G5 style performance out of an M4, which simply isn't going to happen. What the GHK M4 will likely be is a tweaked WA based design, reliable out of the box, with a decent hop system and solid mags readily available - Much like the KWA LM4. It might be a *little* more efficient than the standard WA design, but that'll be down to the mags more than the gun I reckon.

Yeah I was definitely hoping G5 performance, especially one of their announcements was that they had been delaying an M4 project for such a long time as they were trying to develop a much more efficient system, which came the G5 that they mentioned as their proof of concept... so I was really really hoping for that level of performance, probably had my hopes a little too high.

I should wait for more footages before judging it too quickly, but I'd love to be able to have my main as a GBB without compromising. 

Thing is, as great as GHK's G5 and the mags for it are, it's a small, PDW sized bolt carrier. GHK are using a steel carrier, and it's close to a full size M4 job.

As much as I'd love to see a cold-proof M4 GBBR, nobody can break physics.

Realistically, I'm hoping this leads to;

At least some WA compatible parts and spares.

GHK Re-releasing much improved Co2 mags that don't get the capsules stuck.

More gas guns on the field, as I imagine the GHK M4 should be reasonably priced and good to go out the box, like the G5.

*edit*

I think the general gist here is a lot of people are hoping to see G5 style performance out of an M4, which simply isn't going to happen. What the GHK M4 will likely be is a tweaked WA based design, reliable out of the box, with a decent hop system and solid mags readily available - Much like the KWA LM4. It might be a *little* more efficient than the standard WA design, but that'll be down to the mags more than the gun I reckon.

yes, voice of reason to head off the cool-down posse

Yeah I was definitely hoping G5 performance, especially one of their announcements was that they had been delaying an M4 project for such a long time as they were trying to develop a much more efficient system, which came the G5 that they mentioned as their proof of concept... so I was really really hoping for that level of performance, probably had my hopes a little too high.

I should wait for more footages before judging it too quickly, but I'd love to be able to have my main as a GBB without compromising. 

I've been trying to get a no-compromise primary GBBR for a few years now, and I've tried most of them with the exception of the KJW. I've pretty much come to accept the fact that if I want a very realistic, properly performing M4 GBBR for a main gun, compromises have to be made. Saying that, I don't really find it an issue... In winter, I switch to a Co2 powered HK3 Glock, or stick to indoor CQB sites, or if necessary I can use hand-warmers in mag pouches and just remember to switch my magazine out every 15 minutes or so if I get a long stretch of downtime. 

You can have a GBBR primary that works all year round just as well as an AEG, such as a GHK G5 or a GHK AK, but both of those guns have enormous gas reservoirs when compared to the bolt, something which is nigh on impossible with the M4 unfortunately. 

*edit* Unless GHK release decent Co2 mags for this, in which case the GHK M4 or any WA M4 will happily spit glorious, loud, shoulder kicking plastic non-death all year round.

You can have a GBBR primary that works all year round just as well as an AEG, such as a GHK G5 or a GHK AK, but both of those guns have enormous gas reservoirs when compared to the bolt, something which is nigh on impossible with the M4 unfortunately. 

Yeah my GHK AK was performing pretty good on a 6 degree day, no where near as good as the G5 my teammate had on him, but decent enough for me to play through the whole day without feeling that my gun was holding me back at all, was even able to suppress people with AEGs on full auto at times. 

But you know, as much as I like my AKs (I now have 3 GHK based AKs!), an M4 is an M4... I just play noticeably better (especially in CQBs where I have to switch shoulders often and quickly aim at small targets) when I use an M4 shaped gun (my primary is a front wired TM sopmod), probably simply from the fact I've played alot with M4 shaped guns through the years that I have developed a good amount of muscle memory, and all the tacticool mall ninja guide DVDs I watch people use ARs. 

Let's just wait and see more footages (and one where they charge their mag for more than 5 seconds), I have faith in GHK. 

Archived